Associate Director of Annual Giving and Special Events
YW Boston works to eliminate racism, empower women and promote peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all. Through our programs such as Dialogues, LeadBoston and youth programming, we help individuals and organizations create more inclusive environments where women, people of color, and especially women of color can succeed. We work across racial, gender, religious and social lines with organizations in all sectors to educate people about disparities and provide them with tools to dismantle them. We pride ourselves on being reflective, innovative, outcomes-oriented, and passionate about our work.
The Associate Director of Annual Giving and Special Events position is an exciting opportunity to help amplify YW Boston’s work through events, both fundraising and to raise awareness, as well as to raise money through individuals donors and sponsors.
General Statement of Duties
The Associate Director of Annual Giving and Special Events, working closely with the Chief Development Officer, will manage the Fund Development Associate, and oversee all annual giving activities in an effort to expand YW Boston’s donor base and increase revenue streams through corporate sponsors and individuals. Primary responsibilities will include the following areas: donor cultivation, solicitation and stewardship, management and execution of events including securing venues, sponsors, creating run of show, managing event committees, fund analysis, and all things related to the management of external fundraising, awareness raising and cultivation events. This is an ideal job for a personable, mission-driven, energetic, and professional individual with at least 5 years of experience in events and/or a nonprofit development office.
- Increase revenue and participation in fundraising events.
- Help execute YW events that further our work as thought leaders in the community.
- Increase revenue through individual donors, by both retaining current donors and helping acquire new donors.
- Work with Chief Development Officer to develop an annual development plan and strategy with relevant, realistic goals relating to annual fund and events
- Work with Chief Development Officer and President and CEO to strategically increase new donor base and annual revenue streams through personal solicitation, direct mail, online appeals and fundraising events
- Work with the Marketing and Communications Manager on email marketing and social media around individual giving, events and sponsorships
- Strategize, and work with marketing staff to help design and execute high impact annual fund campaigns; work will include segmenting and targeting constituencies, solicitations, managing vendors, ensuring timely mailing and/or social media appeals
- Help to expand and steward specific giving groups specifically Persimmon donors and working with LeadBoston team to support LeadBoston alumni giving
- Help set and manage realistic goals, calendars and budgets for fundraising events
- Create and manage task lists calendars and budgets for fundraising events
- Working with LeadBoston team to plan and execute engaging networking events
- Plan and manage all aspects of annual Academy of Women Achievers Luncheon and Elevating Lives Series, including working with the CDO and volunteers on securing sponsorships to managing the nomination process for annual Academy of Women Achievers Luncheon including nomination promotion, creation of nomination materials, and management of selection committee
- Serve as liaison between YW and Academy of Women Achievers Awardees with a goal of increasing alumnae engagement
- Working with the CDO manage event sponsorship activation including creating sponsor benefits, researching potential sponsors and making solicitations were applicable, and renewing previous sponsors
- Track and capture all sponsorship assets, including logos, ads, guest names, etc.
- Working with the CDO, manage external Academy of Women Achievers Host Committee duties include, securing committee members, management of committee meetings, assisting committee members in achieving their give or help raise financial commitment through sponsorship solicitation
- Manage logistical aspects of fundraising and stewardship events including:
- In partnership with the Marketing and Communications Manager and CDO create sponsorship opportunities and materials that attract and secure event sponsors to fulfill sponsorship goal
- Completing venue searches, site selection, contract negotiation and management
- Coordinating and managing all operational efforts having to do with events, such as collateral, correspondence, invitations, program and budget,
- Coordinating and managing day-of activities such as set-up, registration and check out systems
- Bachelors’ degree, and five or more years of experience with event planning for nonprofit special events, annual giving, and working in a fast paced, nonprofit environment;
- Results-oriented and driven, with an entrepreneurial approach to fundraising and problem-solving
- Strong organizational, management and systems skills, with excellent writing and speaking ability
- A high level of computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint required; Salesforce (or similar development software) a plus
- A professional and resourceful style with the ability to work independently and as a team player; ability to take initiative and manage multiple tasks and projects
- An affable and compassionate nature with a good sense of humor
Additional Organization Responsibilities
- Adhere to agency policies and procedures for maintaining organizational culture and values, including use of regularly scheduled progress meetings with Chief Development Officer, team meetings, scheduling, e-mail and other communications platforms
- Positively represent YW Boston in all interactions with the public
- Support YW Boston fund development through participation in education, outreach, cultivation and stewardship efforts
- Participate in YW Boston events and perform additional tasks assigned by the Chief Development Officer and/or President & CEO
Salary and Benefits
This is a full-time, salaried, exempt position. Annual salary range is $60,000 to $65,000.
YW Boston provides employees a generous benefits package, including: Medical insurance, flexible spending accounts, flexible schedule options, life insurance, long-term disability insurance, accidental death, and disability insurance, short-term disability insurance and a 403(b) retirement savings plan
How to apply
YW Boston is an equal opportunity employer. Diverse candidates strongly encouraged to apply. Send a cover letter and a resume to email@example.com. Please place the subject title “Associate Director of Annual Giving and Special Events” in the headline of your email. Principals only. No phone calls, please.