YW Boston works to eliminate racism, empower women and promote peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all. YW Boston is at the vanguard of thought leadership on issues at the intersection of race and gender, helping organizations create more inclusive environments where women, people of color, and in particular, women of color can succeed.
YW Boston invests in our internal culture, including our own racial equity practices. We seek candidates that thrive in adaptive organizations, are comfortable working amidst organizational change, and are excited about helping YW Boston deepen its impact in Boston. The Engagement Manager role is a terrific opportunity for someone who is passionate about building a community that amplifies member successes and supports their ongoing learning.
People, Collaboration, Liberation, Courage, Shared Leadership
General Statement of Duties
The Engagement Manager is a critical member of the Engagement Team and will hold responsibility for implementing and contributing to a strategy to deepen relationships with stakeholders, especially program alumni.
The Engagement Manager will report to Chief Engagement Officer.
The successful Engagement Manager will achieve the following outcomes:
- Develop effective strategies to track long term outcomes of partners and participants of our DEI services
- Increase engagement of program alumni and stakeholders so that they become evangelists for YW Boston, participants in our advocacy work and financial supporters of our work
- Increase usage and impact of engagement channels such as LinkedIn group, Learning Management System, Twitter, etc.
- Identify and disseminate the needs and interests of past program partners and individual participants across the organization
- Work with Advancement team to steward alumni and align efforts
- Add capacity at the communications level, specifically by identifying achievements and content related to program alumni for newsletter, blog, and social media
- Collaborate with Research and Evaluation team to measure and track long term impact and efforts of program partners/individual participants
- Collaborate with Events Senior Associate on engagement related events and activities
- Partner with Marketing & Communications team to increase usage and engagement on virtual platforms such as LinkedIn Alumni Group and Learning Management System
- Implement pilot strategies to increase reporting of LeadBoston 2021 leadership commitments
- Leverage Salesforce database to deepen engagement and measure results
- Data entry to maintain accurate contact information
- Provide input on development of stakeholder engagement maps
- Collaborate with Chief Engagement Officer and InclusionBoston team to develop post-program engagement tactics
- Coordinate info tables at YW Boston events to engage attendees in other areas of our work
Specific qualifications include:
- Demonstrated commitment to YW Boston’s mission to promote racial, gender and social equity
- 5 years of experience in alumni relations, stakeholder engagement, or related
- Excellent customer service skills
- Design thinking mindset, experience with designing, testing, and evaluating new tactics
- Experience stewarding stakeholder communities – in person and virtually
- Strong communication and organization skills and demonstrated project management experience
- Must be able to manage a variety of projects with different timelines, exhibit flexibility in re-prioritizing, manage internal and external relationships in collaborative projects, take direction well in addition to taking initiative to work independently
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, SharePoint, and Teams
- Experience with Salesforce is a plus
- Openness to learning and willingness to give and receive feedback
Additional Organization Responsibilities
- Adhere to organization policies and procedures for maintaining organizational culture and transparency, including use of regularly scheduled progress meetings with Chief Engagement Officer, Team meetings, scheduling, e-mail and other communications platforms
- Positively represent the organization in all interactions with the public
- Support YW Boston fund development through participation in education, outreach, cultivation and stewardship efforts
- Participate in organization events and perform additional tasks assigned by the Chief Engagement Officer and/or President & CEO
Salary and Benefits
This is a full-time, exempt position. Annual salary range is $67,000-$72,500. Salary scales are set according to an explicit compensation policy, and relevant market data is analyzed when setting ranges for each role. To ensure internal parity, YW Boston will analyze the overall number of years of experience as well as relevant experience pertaining to the position of the candidate and in comparison with staff in the same job group to make the offer salary. Because salary ranges are small and the internal parity review is thorough, offers are firm.
YW Boston provides employees a generous benefits package, including generous paid time off, medical and dental insurance, flexible spending accounts, flexible schedule options, life insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, accidental death, and a 403(b) retirement savings plan.
How to Apply:
YW Boston is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status, or to other non-work-related factors.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. At this time, YW Boston is not able to offer employment VISA sponsorships. For applicants living outside of Massachusetts, YW Boston does not cover any relocation expenses. There be a few times during the year when the organization will require staff to be in person for events and travel expenses are expected to be covered by employees. YW Boston requires all employees to be fully vaccinated per YW Boston’s COVID-19 policy.
YW Boston strongly encourages candidates from diverse backgrounds and experiences. We recognize that people from structurally marginalized groups often only apply to jobs if they meet 100% of the qualifications, despite the reality that applicants rarely ever meet 100% of the qualifications. If this position aligns with your experience and interests, please apply!
Diverse candidates strongly encouraged to apply. Send a cover letter and a resume to email@example.com. Please place the subject title “Engagement Manager” in the headline of your email. No phone calls, please.