YW Boston works to eliminate racism, empower women and promote peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all. YW Boston is at the vanguard of thought leadership on issues at the intersection of race and gender, helping organizations create more inclusive environments where women, people of color, and in particular, women of color can succeed.
YW Boston invests in our internal culture, including our own racial equity practices. We seek candidates that thrive in adaptive organizations, are comfortable working amidst organizational change, and are excited about helping YW Boston deepen its impact in Boston.
People, Collaboration, Liberation, Courage, Shared Leadership
General Statement of Duties
The Engagement Manager is a critical member of the Engagement Team and will hold responsibility for implementing and contributing to a strategy to deepen relationships with community members, especially program alum. They will use data driven tactics to steward individuals as ambassadors of YW Boston, towards long term partnerships, creating feedback loops that drive impact and innovation.
The Engagement Manager will report to Chief Engagement Officer.
The successful Engagement Manager will achieve the following outcomes:
- Develop effective strategies to track long term outcomes of partners and participants of our DEI services
- Increase engagement of program alumni and stakeholders so that they become advocates for YW Boston
- Increase usage and impact of engagement channels such as our online platform, LinkedIn group, Twitter, etc.
- Identify and disseminate the needs and interests of past program partners and individual participants across the organization
Alum Engagement & Strategy
- Connect past program participants and partners with content that supports their ongoing learning
- Coordinate info tables at YW Boston events to engage attendees in other areas of our work
- Act as in house “expert” of YW Boston’s online platform, contributing to and implementing strategies that increase impact and use of platform
- Work with Advancement team to steward alum and align efforts
- Collaborate with Chief Engagement Officer and Vice President of Programs to develop post-program engagement tactics
Communication & Collaboration
- Add capacity at the communications level, specifically by identifying achievements and content related to program alumni for newsletter, blog, and social media
- Collaborate with Data & Impact team to measure and track long term impact and efforts of program partners/individual participants
- Coordinate YW Boston’s Advisory Committee comprised of Women of Color and People of Color with marginalized gender identities
- Partner with Marketing & Communications team to increase usage and engagement on virtual platforms such as LinkedIn Alumni Group
- Collaborate with Events Manager on engagement related events and activities
- Leverage Salesforce database to deepen engagement and measure results
- Data entry to maintain accurate contact information
- Maintain org-wide archive of content related to diversity, equity & inclusion
Specific qualifications include:
- At least 5 years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated commitment to YW Boston’s mission to promote racial, gender and social equity
- Demonstrated knowledge of diversity, equity, & inclusion concepts
- Excellent customer service skills
- Design thinking mindset, experience with designing, testing, and evaluating new tactics
- Strong communication and organization skills and demonstrated project management experience
- Must be able to manage a variety of projects with different timelines, exhibit flexibility in re-prioritizing, manage internal and external relationships in collaborative projects, take direction well in addition to taking initiative to work independently
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Teams
- Experience with online networking or learning management platforms is a plus
- Experience with Salesforce is a plus
- Openness to learning and willingness to give and receive feedback
Additional Organization Responsibilities
- Adhere to organization policies and procedures for maintaining organizational culture and transparency, including use of regularly scheduled progress meetings with supervisor, team meetings, scheduling, e-mail and other communications platforms
- Positively represent the organization in all interactions with the public
- Support YW Boston advancement through participation in education, outreach, cultivation and stewardship efforts
- Participate in organization events and perform additional tasks assigned by supervisor and/or President & CEO
Salary and Benefits:
This is a full-time, exempt position. Annual salary range is $69,000-$75,000. Salary scales are set according to an explicit compensation policy, and relevant market data is analyzed when setting ranges for each role. To ensure internal parity, YW Boston will analyze the candidate’s overall number of years of experience as well as relevant experience pertaining to the position and in comparison with staff in the same job group to make the offer salary. Because salary ranges are small and the internal parity review is thorough, offers are firm.
YW Boston provides employees a comprehensive benefits package, including generous paid time off, flexible work schedule, medical, dental, and vision insurance, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, accidental death, and a 403(b) retirement savings plan.
How to apply:
YW Boston is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status, or to other non-work-related factors.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. At this time, YW Boston is not able to offer employment visa sponsorships. For applicants living outside of Massachusetts, YW Boston does not cover any relocation expenses.
YW Boston strongly encourages candidates from diverse backgrounds and experiences. We recognize that people from structurally marginalized groups often only apply to jobs if they meet 100% of the qualifications, despite the reality that applicants rarely ever meet 100% of the qualifications. If this position aligns with your experience and interests, please apply!
Please send a resume detailing relevant experience to email@example.com. A cover letter is a plus. Please place the subject title “Engagement Manager” in the headline of your email. No phone calls, please. We will be accepting applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled.