Events Senior Associate
YW Boston works to eliminate racism, empower women and promote peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all. YW Boston is at the vanguard of thought leadership on issues at the intersection of race and gender, helping organizations create more inclusive environments where women, people of color, and in particular, women of color can succeed.
YW Boston invests in our internal culture, including our own racial equity practices. We seek candidates that thrive in adaptive organizations, are comfortable working amidst organizational change, and are excited about helping YW Boston deepen its impact in Boston.
YW Boston’s Values are:
TRANSFORMATIONAL SOCIAL CHANGE: Commitment to dismantling systems of oppression
- COLLABORATION: Working together, we multiply our contribution
- COURAGE: Bold, purposeful action
- LIBERATION: Amplify diverse voices toward freedom for all
- PEOPLE: Success is dependent on our team members’ well being
- SHARED LEADERSHIP: Working in service to our mission and to one another
General Statement of Duties
The Events Senior Associate is responsible for developing, planning, implementation, and oversight of designated YW Boston events. The Senior Associate will work closely with team members to ensure that all events are delivered on time, within budget, and at the desired level of quality. This includes planning and executing logistics and supporting events for program alumni, partner organizations, and business development.
The Senior Associate will report to Vice President of Strategic Partnerships.
The successful Events Senior Associate will achieve the following outcomes:
- Execute events that further positions YW Boston as a thought leader in Diversity, Equity & Inclusion work
- Execute logistics resulting in consistently high participant/attendee satisfaction
- Increase the engagement levels of key stakeholder groups through events
- Develop events that are inclusive and welcoming
- Help set and manage realistic goals, task lists, calendars and budgets for events
- Manage logistical aspects of events including:
- Completing venue searches, site selection, contract negotiation and management
- Coordinating and managing all operational efforts having to do with events, such as collateral, correspondence, invitations, program and budget
- Coordinating and managing day-of activities such as set-up, registration and check out systems
- Coordinate with guest speakers and secure biographies and headshots
- Work with Vice President of Strategic Partnerships to plan and execute engaging networking events for alumni of our LeadBoston and InclusionBoston programs
- Lead logistics and planning for annual symposium for our F.Y.R.E. program for girls
- Work collaboratively with Marketing & Communications to develop advertising, invitation, social media and post-event content for events.
- Update checklists, templates, project plans, and other tools to streamline and simplify execution the next time a similar event is conducted
- Utilize database to input contacts for tracking of event activities, such as sponsorships, donations, and event attendance
- Evaluate effectiveness of events and suggest ways to improve effectiveness
- Support other special events as assigned
Specific qualifications include:
- 3 years of experience in event coordination or event planning
- Knowledge of and experience with the following required:
- Coordinating an event from concept to post-event follow-up
- Building and stewarding relationships with guest speakers, event partners, vendors
- Managing multiple priorities and communicating progress to stakeholders
- Outstanding project management skills with an ability to develop ambitious goals and achieve them on time and within budget
- Strong communication skills, organization skills, interpersonal and relationship-building skills, team-oriented, and a high level of attention to detail
- Experience with a customer relationship management (CRM) system, Salesforce a plus
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, take initiative, be self-directed, and creatively problem solve
- Enthusiasm, positive sense of humor, fantastic customer service ethic and follow through
- Openness to learning and willingness to give and receive feedback
- Demonstrated commitment to YW Boston’s mission to promote racial, gender and social equity
Additional Organization Responsibilities
- Adhere to organization policies and procedures for maintaining organizational culture and transparency, including use of regularly scheduled progress meetings with VP of Strategic Partnerships, Team meetings, scheduling, e-mail and other communications platforms
- Positively represent YW Boston in all interactions with the public.
- Support YW Boston’s Fund Development team through participation in education, outreach, cultivation and stewardship efforts
- Participate in Agency events and perform additional tasks assigned by the VP of Strategic Partnerships and/or President & CEO
Salary and Benefits
This is a full-time, exempt position. Annual salary range is $51,000-$57,000. Compensation is based on the overall number of years of experience as well as relevant experience to the position. Salary scales are set according to an explicit compensation policy, and relevant market data is analyzed when setting ranges for each role.
YW Boston provides employees a generous benefits package, including generous paid time off, medical and dental insurance, flexible spending accounts, flexible schedule options, life insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, accidental death, and a 403(b) retirement savings plan.
How to apply
YW Boston is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status, or to other non-work-related factors. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. At this time, YW Boston is not able to offer employment VISA sponsorships.
YW Boston strongly encourages candidates from diverse backgrounds and experiences. We recognize that people from structurally marginalized groups often only apply to jobs if they meet 100% of the qualifications, despite the reality that applicants rarely ever meet 100% of the qualifications. If this position aligns with your experience and interests, please apply!
Send a cover letter and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please place the subject title “Senior Associate” in the headline of your email. No phone calls, please. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.