InclusionBoston Senior Coordinator
YW Boston works to eliminate racism, empower women and promote peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all.
YW Boston is at the vanguard of thought leadership on issues at the intersection of race and gender, helping organizations create more inclusive environments where women, people of color, and in particular, women of color can succeed.
YW Boston is undergoing significant organizational change. We have recently updated our strategic plan to leverage our greatest strengths and are investing in our internal culture, including our own racial equity practices. We seek candidates that thrive in adaptive organizations, are comfortable working amidst organizational change, and are excited about helping YW Boston deepen its impact in Boston.
General Statement of Duties
InclusionBoston advances diversity, equity, and inclusion by partnering with organizations looking for improved organizational impact. The senior coordinator is a key member of the team to develop and implement high quality and responsive services for partner organizations. This includes facilitating content in a variety of settings and supporting the day-to-day operations of services to ensure that organizations and individuals take action towards achieving systemic and individual change. The senior coordinator will report to the InclusionBoston Manager.
The successful Coordinator will achieve the following outcomes:
- Deliver high quality and effective content to partners through facilitation
- Key contributor to reaching organizational goals related to program impact and reach
- Successful launch of series throughout year, acting as liaison between partner organizations and facilitators
- Support relationship development with partners
- Contribute to environment of continuous learning and quality improvement
- Complete all session preparation and follow up, including learning about partner organization, reviewing and delivering curriculum, supporting organization to develop and complete an action plan
- Work collaboratively with co-facilitators to plan and lead thoughtful and dynamic sessions and workshops
- Provide informal, peer-to-peer coaching to team members
- Complete evaluation and reporting
Content and Presentation
- Research and create content for InclusionBostoncurriculum
- Create slide decks for customized workshops
- Research and plan activities for the workshops
Evaluation, Data & Reporting
- Act as liaison between partner and YW Boston, implementing evaluations and
- Support the implementation of evaluation and database integration into services
- Share anecdotal observations and feedback with colleagues
- Support scheduling of implementation of services
- Complete and submit contracts to ensure YW Boston and facilitators receive payment
- Some travel is required, primarily local travel in and around Boston.
The Coordinator must have a strong base of racial and gender equity fluency and facilitation skills that can be flexibly adapted to meet the needs of different external stakeholders. Successful candidates will exhibit a strong drive to reach goals and resiliency when setbacks occur. Successful candidates will be intellectually curious, effective communicators, strong relationship builders, and able to offer creative ideas.
Specific qualifications include:
- Demonstrated facilitation skills, 3+ years facilitating conversations on race, racism, gender, diversity and inclusion
- Ability to turn conflict into learning, training in conflict/mediation resolution preferred.
- Awareness of their racial identity, personal biases and solid understanding of their own history related to racism.
- Understanding of Boston’s history with racism and sexism
- Knowledge of racism and sexism, and the various ways it manifests in modern day society
- Experience working across organizational levels from entry level staff to executives
- Ability to work independently to coordinate logistics (travel to site, plan with co-
- Strong team building and communication skills
- Experience facilitating within community-driven organizations
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Openness to learning and willingness to give and receive feedback
- Demonstrated commitment to YW Boston’s mission to promote racial, gender
and social equity
Additional Organization Responsibilities
- Adhere to agency policies and procedures for maintaining organizational culture and transparency, including use of regularly scheduled progress meetings with Racial Justice Program Manager, Team meetings, scheduling, e-mail and other communications platforms.
- Positively represent the Agency in all interactions with the public.
- Participate in Agency events and perform additional tasks assigned by the InclusionBostonManager and/or President & CEO
Salary and Benefits
This is a full-time, salaried, non-exempt position. Annual salary range is $45,000-$55,000. YW Boston offers a generous and comprehensive benefits package including annual paid leave, health insurance, 403b option, and a flexible work environment.
How to apply
Send a cover letter and a resume to email@example.com. Please place the subject title “Senior Coordinator” in the headline of your email. No recruiters and no phone calls, please. YW Boston is an equal opportunity employer. Diverse candidates strongly encouraged to apply.