LeadBoston Program Associate
YW Boston works to eliminate racism, empower women and promote peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all. We work across racial, gender, religious and social lines with organizations in all sectors to educate people about disparities and provide them with tools to dismantle them. YW Boston’s LeadBoston program brings together a cross-sector cohort of professionals to spend a year exploring the key challenges facing the city while strengthening their leadership skills.
The LeadBoston Program Associate position is a wonderful opportunity for someone looking to have a key role in developing socially responsible leaders.
General Statement of Duties
The LeadBoston Program Associate will guide the implementation of high quality, responsive, and timely activities that support the organization’s program outcomes. This includes planning and executing program logistics and supporting alumni events, stakeholder engagement, communications, and tracking data regarding program performance and participant satisfaction.
The Program Associate will report to the LeadBoston Program Manager.
The successful Program Associate will achieve the following outcomes:
- Execute logistics resulting in consistently high participant satisfaction
- Track program outcomes to measure impact and implement data integrity strategies
- Support application process, coordinating interview logistics and volunteer coordination towards building a class of 45 participants
- Develop strong relationships with participants and program day hosts, contacts, and caterers
- Implement excellent communication strategies such as email reminders, social media posts and e-newsletters to support participant learning and alumni engagement
Program Implementation & Logistics
- Secure meeting space, speakers, food and technical support for programming including set-up/break-down of program meetings
- Ensure participants have all information needed to participate fully in programming
- Manage application and interview process, securing and supporting volunteer alumni interviewers
- Support in planning and executing alumni activities
- Research locations, speakers and readings to support learning objectives
- Coordinate and monitor event timelines and ensure deadlines are met
- Support the management of MOUs, vendor billing and contracts related to programming
Performance & Data Evaluation
- Maintain database of applicants, participants and alumni information. Identify and implement strategies to improve data integrity.
- Manage pre/post evaluations and tracking of participant project outcomes
- Analyze participant evaluations and communicate key findings to staff
Marketing & Communication
- Manage LeadBoston’s social media
- Act as a thought partner with program manager and VP of Strategic Partnerships regarding communications and marketing strategy for program and alumni engagement
- Compile and create content for alumni newsletter
- Support increased participant and alumni usage of social media (LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.)
- Ensure all application and marketing materials are accurate and up-to-date
- Some travel is required, primarily local travel in and around Boston.
The LeadBoston Program Associate must have a strong base of logistics and communication skills that can be flexibly adopted to meet the needs of different internal and external stakeholders. Successful candidates will exhibit a drive to reach goals and resiliency when setbacks occur. Successful candidates will be intellectually curious, effective communicators, strong relationship builders and able to offer creative ideas. The associate will effectively balance priorities and frequent pivots between long and short-term projects.
Specific qualifications include:
- 2 – 3 years of program coordination with experience in event planning
- Knowledge of and experience with the following required:
- Coordinating an event from concept to post-event follow-up
- Building and sustaining external partner relationships
- Managing multiple priorities and communicating progress to stakeholders
- Program evaluation and data entry – experience observing, gathering and analyzing both quantitative and qualitative data
Additional Organization Responsibilities
- Adhere to agency policies and procedures for maintaining organizational culture and transparency, including use of regularly scheduled progress meetings with supervisor, team meetings, scheduling, e-mail and other communications platforms.
- Positively represent the Agency in all interactions with the public.
- Support YW Boston fund development through participation in education, outreach, cultivation and stewardship efforts.
- Participate in YW Boston events and perform additional tasks assigned by the Program Manager, Vice President of Programs and/or President & CEO
Salary and Benefits
This is a full-time, salaried, non-exempt position. Annual salary is $40,000. YW Boston offers a generous and comprehensive benefits package including annual paid leave, health insurance, 403b option, and a flexible work environment.
How to apply
YW Boston is an equal opportunity employer. Diverse candidates strongly encouraged to apply. Send a cover letter and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please place the subject title “LeadBoston Program Associate” in the headline of your email. Principals only. No phone calls, please.