LeadBoston Program Senior Associate
YW Boston works to eliminate racism, empower women and promote peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all.
YW Boston is at the vanguard of thought leadership on issues at the intersection of race and gender, helping organizations create more inclusive environments where women, people of color, and in particular, women of color can succeed.
YW Boston invests in our internal culture, including our own racial equity practices. We seek candidates that thrive in adaptive organizations, are comfortable working amidst organizational change, and are excited about helping YW Boston deepen its impact in Boston.
YW Boston’s Values are:
TRANSFORMATIONAL SOCIAL CHANGE: Commitment to dismantling systems of oppression
- COLLABORATION: Working together, we multiply our contribution
- COURAGE: Bold, purposeful action
- LIBERATION: Amplify diverse voices toward freedom for all
- PEOPLE: Success is dependent on our team members’ well being
- SHARED LEADERSHIP: Working in service to our mission and to one another
General Statement of Duties
YW Boston’s LeadBoston program brings together a cross-sector cohort of professionals to spend a year exploring the key challenges facing the city while strengthening their inclusive leadership skills.
The LeadBoston Program Senior Associate will guide the implementation of high quality, responsive, and timely activities that support the organization’s program outcomes. This includes planning and executing program logistics and supporting alum events, stakeholder engagement, communications, and tracking data regarding program performance and participant satisfaction.
The Program Senior Associate will report to the LeadBoston and UncoverBoston Senior Program Manager.
The successful Program Senior Associate will achieve the following outcomes:
- Execute logistics resulting in consistently high participant satisfaction
- Track program outcomes to measure impact and implement data integrity strategies
- Support application process, coordinating interview logistics and volunteer coordination towards building a class of 45 participants
- Develop strong relationships with participants and program day hosts, contacts, and caterers
- Implement excellent communication strategies such as email reminders, social media posts and e-newsletters to support participant learning and alum engagement
Program Implementation & Logistics
- Secure meeting space, speakers, food and technical support for programming including set-up/break-down of program meetings
- Ensure participants have all information needed to participate fully in programming
- Manage application and interview process, securing and supporting volunteer alumni
- Support in planning and executing alum activities
- Research locations, speakers and readings to support learning objectives
- Coordinate and monitor event timelines and ensure deadlines are met
- Support the management of MOUs, vendor billing and contracts related to programming
Performance & Data Evaluation
- Maintain database of applicants, participants and alum information. Identify and implement strategies to improve data integrity.
- Manage pre/post evaluations and tracking of participant project outcomes
- Analyze participant evaluations and communicate key findings to staff
Marketing & Communication
- Manage LeadBoston’s social media
- Act as a thought partner with program manager and VP of Strategic Partnerships regarding communications and marketing strategy for program and alum engagement
- Compile and create content for alum newsletter
- Support increased participant and alum usage of social media (LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.)
- Ensure all application and marketing materials are accurate and up-to-date
- Some travel is required, primarily local travel in and around Boston.
The LeadBoston Program Senior Associate must have a strong base of logistics and communication skills that can be flexibly adopted to meet the needs of different internal and external stakeholders. Successful candidates will exhibit a drive to reach goals and resiliency when setbacks occur. Successful candidates will be intellectually curious, effective communicators, strong relationship builders and able to offer creative ideas. The associate will effectively balance priorities and frequent pivots between long and short-term projects
- 3 years of program coordination with experience in event planning
- Knowledge of and experience with the following required:
- Coordinating an event from concept to post-event follow-up
- Building and sustaining external partner relationships
- Managing multiple priorities and communicating progress to stakeholders
- Program evaluation and data entry – experience observing, gathering, and analyzing both quantitative and qualitative data
- Outstanding project management skills with an ability to develop ambitious goals and achieve them on time and within budget
- Excellent communication skills, ability to communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholders including C-suite executives
- Familiarity with WordPress and Salesforce preferred
- Openness to learning and willingness to give and receive feedback
- Enthusiasm, positive sense of humor, and can-do attitude essential
- Demonstrated commitment to YW Boston’s mission to promote racial, gender and social equity
Additional Organization Responsibilities
- Adhere to organization policies and procedures for maintaining organizational culture and transparency, including use of regularly scheduled progress meetings with supervisor, team meetings, scheduling, e-mail and other communications platforms.
- Positively represent YW Boston in all interactions with the public.
- Support YW Boston fund development through participation in education, outreach, cultivation and stewardship efforts.
- Participate in YW Boston events and perform additional tasks assigned by the Program Senior Manager, Vice President of Programs, and/or President & CEO.
Salary and Benefits
This is a full-time, exempt position. Annual salary range is $51,000-$57,000. Compensation is based on the overall number of years of experience as well as relevant experience to the position. Salary scales are set according to an explicit compensation policy, and relevant market data is analyzed when setting ranges for each role.
YW Boston offers a generous and comprehensive benefits package including annual paid leave, health insurance, 403b option, and a flexible work environment.
How to apply
YW Boston is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status, or to other non-work-related factors. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. At this time, YW Boston is not able to offer employment VISA sponsorships.
Diverse candidates strongly encouraged to apply. Send a cover letter and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please place the subject title “Senior Associate” in the headline of your email. Principals only. No phone calls, please.