Manager of Partnerships
YW Boston works to eliminate racism, empower women and promote peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all. We work across racial, gender, religious and social lines with organizations in all sectors to educate people about disparities and provide them with tools to dismantle them.
The successful candidate will have a passion for achieving racial and gender equity within organizations and for creating inclusive organizations. They will be great at building relationships, actively listening, and developing proposals that address potential clients’ needs, with a data driven approach to achieve an inclusive workplace with YW Boston’s Program portfolio.
People, Collaboration, Liberation, Courage, Shared Leadership
General Statement of Duties
The Manager of Partnerships generates program revenue by cultivating new participants and partners for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Services and supporting the stewardship and growth of existing partners. This person must develop persuasive approaches and presentations that will motivate organizations to partner with YW Boston.
The Manager of Partnerships reports to the Director of Partnerships.
The successful manager will achieve the following outcomes:
- Develop and lead an organization-wide business development and sales strategy for (DEI) Services
- Increase program revenue
- Increase efficiency in sales process, resulting in more efficient recruitment and business development efforts
Business Development General
- Develop a thorough understanding of YW Boston’s programs, the markets that we serve, and the value proposition to partners and program participants
- Expand YW Boston network by:
- Researching potential clients/participants and attending conferences and other events to increase YW Boston’s visibility and brand
- Leveraging existing network
- Build or add to existing partner relationships by attending occasional program-related events
- Generate and cultivate leads
- Track pipeline and ensure information is entered accurately and timely into Salesforce
- Produce proposals
- Monitor targets and ensure they are met
- Coach and actively guide staff on business development practices
- Work actively with prospective clients to address questions and remove barriers to sales process
- Provide continuity with and support to existing clients
- Foster engagement with existing clients to continue or increase services
- Convert prospects in the pipeline to clients
LeadBoston-specific activities, in addition to above
- Generate and monitor all recruitment activities
- Leverage existing network of program alumni for leads and referrals
- Organize recruitment efforts and information sessions
- Minimum 3 years of direct sales or marketing experience
- Proven record setting and meeting sales goals and developing proposals
- Some knowledge of organizational change and development
- Superior interpersonal and organization skills, including the ability to manage by influence and build relationships at all levels internally and externally
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative, non-profit environment
- Style that is organized, entrepreneurial, and innovative
- Demonstrated commitment to racial, gender and social justice and the ability to explain the aspects of each program effectively to people with a wide range of fluency with equity issues
- Local travel required
Additional Organization Responsibilities
- Positively represent YW Boston in all interactions with the public
- Support YW Boston fund development through participation in education, outreach, cultivation and stewardship efforts
- Participate in YW Boston events and perform additional tasks assigned by the Chief Program Officer and/or President & CEO
Salary and Benefits
This is a full-time, exempt position. Annual salary range is between $57,500-$68,750.
YW Boston provides employees a generous benefits package, including generous paid time off, Medical and dental insurance, flexible spending accounts, flexible schedule options, life insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, accidental death, and a 403(b) retirement savings plan.
How to apply
YW Boston is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status, or to other non-work-related factors. Diverse candidates strongly encouraged to apply. Send a cover letter and a resume to email@example.com. Please place the subject title “Manager of Partnerships” in the headline of your email. Principals only. No phone calls, please.