YW Boston works to eliminate racism, empower women and promote peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all. We help individuals and organizations create more inclusive environments, where women, people of color, and especially women of color in Boston, can succeed.
General Statement of Duties
The Operations Manager supports and executes a variety of activities including recruitment and onboarding, accounting, benefits administration, facilities, technology, and general administrative duties. The Operations Manager wears many hats and excellent service to other departments is essential.
This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO).
- Work with management to recruit, interview, select, onboard and retain employees.
- Coordinate employee onboarding and exits.
- Administer all benefit plans including health insurance, group life, YWCA Retirement, Dental and 403(b). Process all bills, enrollments and changes.
- Work with outsourced accounting firm on payroll processing and employee paid time off system.
- Assist with planning and implementation of routine office events and meetings.
- Administer annual performance evaluation process.
- Provide scheduling and logistical support for programs.
- Provide scheduling and logistical support staff meetings and outings, board and CEO, including ordering food and providing materials for meetings.
- Manage and maintain office systems including copier, printers and postage machine.
- Secure quotes and purchase office supplies, and equipment, ensuring competitive pricing.
- Maintain office, meeting and other spaces to meet staff needs.
- Serve as primary contact with the building’s property management firm and staff for maintenance issues.
- Serve as primary contact for outsourced IT firm for troubleshooting.
- Ensure accurate coding for invoices and reimbursements and work with outsourced accounting firm to facilitate efficient monthly close process.
- Deposit checks and record all revenue in appropriate categories.
Additional Organization Responsibilities
- Positively represent the organization in all interactions with the public.
- Commit to and engage in a continuous learning environment.
- Perform additional tasks assigned by the CFO.
- Smooth functioning of equipment, supplies and space.
- Efficient processing of vendor and employee payments and revenue coding.
- High level of accuracy of transactions.
- Organized and inclusive hiring, onboarding and exits.
- Consistent and clear employee communications regarding all facets of operations.
- Three to five years of related experience in operations.
- Passion for YW Boston’s mission.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal communication skills and a customer service orientation.
- Ability to plan and prioritize work responsibilities, manage deadlines and multiple tasks with patience and flexibility and with attention to detail.
- Must be able to work independently with sound judgement, protect confidentiality, and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Technologically savvy, with experience overseeing information technology systems and vendors. Familiarity with a variety of IT systems and software including Microsoft Office 365, Sharepoint, Teams, Zoom, and google applications.
- Familiarity with QuickBooks and basic financial tasks including accounts payable and accounts receivable.
Salary and Benefits
This is a full-time, exempt position. Annual salary range is $50,000 to $55,000.
YW Boston provides employees a generous benefits package, including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, flexible schedule options, life insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, accidental death insurance, and a 403(b) retirement savings plan.
How to apply
YW Boston is an equal opportunity employer. Diverse candidates strongly encouraged to apply. Send a cover letter and a resume to email@example.com. Please place the subject title “Operations Manager” in the headline of your email. No recruiters and no phone calls, please.