Organizational Development Senior Manager
YW Boston works to eliminate racism, empower women and promote peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all. YW Boston is at the vanguard of thought leadership on issues at the intersection of race and gender, helping organizations create more inclusive environments where women, people of color, and in particular, women of color can succeed.
YW Boston invests in our internal culture, including our own racial equity practices. We seek candidates that thrive in adaptive organizations, are comfortable working amidst organizational change, and are excited about helping YW Boston deepen its impact in Boston.
People, Collaboration, Liberation, Courage, Shared Leadership
General Statement of Duties
The Organizational Development Senior Manager will serve as a thought leader and coach for the InclusionBoston team as they support partner organizations with the implementation of their diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) action plans. The person in this role will also facilitate Dialogues and workshops, and contribute to sales efforts focused on increasing impact and improving DEI outcomes for current and past partner organizations.
The Organizational Development Senior Manager will report to the Director of InclusionBoston.
The successful Organizational Development Senior Manager will achieve the following outcomes:
- Refine process to support partner organizations with development and implementation of DEI action plans
- Support the creation and evolution of evaluation tools to monitor and measure impact of DEI action plans
- Use a data-informed approach to assess effectiveness of InclusionBoston Dialogues and action planning process
- Create a database of learning resources to expand InclusionBoston team’s ability to facilitate organizational development and change management processes
- Contribute to ongoing review and revision of action plan development, implementation, and evaluation processes
Program Development and Implementation
- Serve as a master facilitator, thought leader, and coach on organizational development and change management strategies, frameworks, and practices
- Design learning opportunities for InclusionBoston and Programs Team staff to increase their ability to facilitate organizational development and change management processes
- In collaboration with Director of InclusionBoston and Senior Director of Data and Impact, develop and implement evaluation tools to monitor and measure impact of DEI action plans
- Provide ongoing coaching and training to InclusionBoston team in support of their work with partner organizations
- Facilitate YW Boston DEI workshops, InclusionBoston Dialogues series, and action planning follow-up
- In collaboration with Director of InclusionBoston and Senior Director of Partnerships, develop strategy and identify opportunities to extend relationships with partner organizations by matching YW Boston offerings to partner needs
- Serve as relationship manager for partner organizations
- Some travel is required, primarily local to Boston
The Organizational Development Senior Manager must have excellent coaching and facilitation skills. Successful candidates will have experience applying an equity lens to organizational development, change management, and leadership. They must also demonstrate a record of effective communication, collaboration, and relationship building.
Specific qualifications include:
- 6+ years of relevant experience and/or training in organizational development, change management, consulting, or a related field
- Demonstrated commitment to YW Boston’s mission and strong record of outcomes related to advancing racial, gender and social equity
- Strong planning, organizational, and project management skills
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills
- Openness to learning and willingness to give and receive feedback
- Ability to present complex information in way that is accessible to range of audiences
- Experience applying an equity lens to organizational development processes
- Knowledge of and experience with:
- Coaching and training
- Relationship management with external partners
- Outcomes assessment using quantitative and qualitative data
Preferred experience includes:
- Experience working with different organizational sectors (e.g., healthcare, education, human services, arts, etc.)
- Experience working with stakeholders at various levels of seniority within an organization (e.g., Board, C-suite, managers, staff, etc.)
- Experience working with multiple departments within an organization (e.g., human resources, finance, service providers, etc.)
- Familiarity with Asana or similar project management tool
- Familiarity with Salesforce or similar customer relationship management (CRM) platform
Additional Organization Responsibilities
- Adhere to organization policies and procedures for maintaining organizational culture and transparency, including use of regularly scheduled progress meetings with supervisor, team meetings, scheduling, e-mail and other communications platforms
- Positively represent the organization in all interactions with the public
- Support YW Boston advancement through participation in education, outreach, cultivation and stewardship efforts
- Participate in organization events and perform additional tasks assigned by supervisor and/or President & CEO
Salary and Benefits:
This is a full-time, exempt position. Annual salary range is $77,000-$87,000. Salary scales are set according to an explicit compensation policy, and relevant market data is analyzed when setting ranges for each role. To ensure internal parity, YW Boston will analyze the candidate’s overall number of years of experience as well as relevant experience pertaining to the position and in comparison with staff in the same job group to make the offer salary. Because salary ranges are small and the internal parity review is thorough, offers are firm.
YW Boston provides employees a comprehensive benefits package, including generous paid time off, flexible work schedule, medical, dental, and vision insurance, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, accidental death, and a 403(b) retirement savings plan.
How to apply:
YW Boston is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status, or to other non-work-related factors.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. At this time, YW Boston is not able to offer employment visa sponsorships. For applicants living outside of Massachusetts, YW Boston does not cover any relocation expenses. There be a few times during the year when the organization will require staff to be in person for events and travel expenses are expected to be covered by employees. YW Boston requires all employees to be fully vaccinated and boosted per YW Boston’s COVID-19 policy.
YW Boston strongly encourages candidates from diverse backgrounds and experiences. We recognize that people from structurally marginalized groups often only apply to jobs if they meet 100% of the qualifications, despite the reality that applicants rarely ever meet 100% of the qualifications. If this position aligns with your experience and interests, please apply!
Send a resume detailing relevant experience to email@example.com. A cover letter is not required but a plus. Please use the position title in the subject line of your email. No phone calls, please. We will be accepting applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled.