Support YW Boston this Giving Tuesday by beginning a Facebook Fundraiser.
This year, supporters of YW Boston’s mission to eliminate racism and empower women can make a donation or start a Facebook fundraiser to enter for a chance to win a Boston staycation package for two: a one-night stay at The Westin Copley Place (breakfast included) and a $100 restaurant gift card.
Participants who create their own YW Boston fundraiser on Facebook will earn two additional entries. Learn more about this Staycation opportunity and how your fundraiser will support YW Boston’s work here.
How to increase your chance of winning our Staycation Package by starting a Facebook fundraiser.
1. Click here to start a fundraiser on Facebook.
2. Set a monetary goal – any goal!
3. Designate when your fundraiser should end.
Giving Tuesday is December 3rd, but anyone who begins a fundraiser between November 26th and December 3rd will receive two entries to our Staycation Giveaway. Your fundraiser can end at any time.
4. Give your fundraiser a title.
Come up with your own or select one of these:
• This Giving Tuesday, join me in supporting YW Boston
• [First Name]’s Fundraiser for a more inclusive Boston
• Support my campaign to eliminate racism and empower women
5. Explain why you are raising money for YW Boston.
Write your own description or use the one below:
This Giving Tuesday, I am proud to support YW Boston, a non-profit organization whose mission is to eliminate racism, empower women, and promote peace, justice, freedom, and dignity for all. Through their programs, events, and advocacy, they help Boston-area individuals and organizations change policies, practices, attitudes, and behaviors with a goal of creating more inclusive environments where women, people of color, and especially women of color can succeed.
I believe that it is crucial to support YW Boston’s work to create a more inclusive and equitable Boston. Please help me reach my goal by donating to my Giving Tuesday fundraiser and sharing it with your networks. Thank you!
6. Use the default cover photo or upload your own. Here’s one you can use:
7. That’s it! Share your fundraiser on your Facebook timeline and tag your friends.
A shared vision: what your donation will accomplish
Your gift can help us achieve our vision of a more inclusive and equitable Boston. Donations to YW Boston directly support our three programs, InclusionBoston, LeadBoston, and the F.Y.R.E. Initiative, as well as our advocacy work.
In 2018, our supporters enabled us to:
- Reach over 120,000 individuals through the YW Boston website and social media.
- Empower over 160 organizations to raise awareness and spark action during our annual Stand Against Racism campaign.
- Help over 700 individuals within organizations in Boston build more inclusive and equitable environments through Workshops and InclusionBoston.
- Graduate 40 leaders from LeadBoston who are now equipped to advance diversity and inclusion in their workplaces and communities.