Inclusive Girls Leadership Program Manager
YW Boston works to eliminate racism, empower women and promote peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all. We work across racial, gender, religious and social lines with organizations in all sectors to educate people about disparities and provide them with tools to dismantle them. We pride ourselves on being reflective, innovative, outcomes-oriented, and passionate about our work.
General Statement of Duties
The Girls Leadership Program Manager’s primary responsibility is to develop, implement and manage program activities for YWCA Boston’s Inclusive Girls leadership program, a program focused on increasing knowledge about racial and gender equity, self-self advocacy, and community advocacy through leadership opportunities. Primary responsibilities include ensuring that the program model aligns with YW Boston’s Theory of Change, developing, measuring, and evaluating program outcomes, facilitating one-time workshops, overseeing the recruitment of Inclusive Girls Leadership Program student delegates and volunteers, developing new relationships with potential schools and community organizations, and supervising the Girls Program Coordinator.
We use girl as a term to include anyone, including transgender, non-binary, and gender non-conforming people, whose key gender identity, experience and internal perception on the spectrum of gender, is woman or girl.
The successful candidate will exhibit a deep understanding of the underlying factors that lead to racial and gender inequities for girls and positive youth development. They will be strategic thinkers who are goal oriented, intellectually curious, able to offer creative ideas, and have a good sense of humor. This is a wonderful opportunity for someone looking to truly make an impact for girls in Boston.
The Program Inclusive Girls Leadership Program Manager will report to the Vice President of Programs.
The successful Inclusive Girls Leadership Program Manager will achieve the following outcomes:
- Manage team to meet aggressive revenue and recruitment goals
- Ensure program participants meet outcomes goals around knowledge and attitude changes and successfully complete Community Action Projects
Program Development & Implementation
- Provide thought leadership to ensure that the Girls Leadership Program program aligns with YWBoston’s Theory of Change and best practices in Girls leadership development
- Annually achieve or exceed Girls Leadership Program revenue goals and program outcomes
- Design and execute curriculum for Girls leadership Program
- Develop a methodology by which to assess the success of delegation community action projects and ensure projects are implemented by all delegations
- Facilitate workshops on issues of equity and leadership development
- Regularly assess, measure, and evaluate Girls development outcomes through a data-driven approach including but not limited to survey tools
- Hire, train, and supervise Girls Leadership Program staff and interns
- Develop and manage Girls Leadership Program budgets
- Manage contractual and billing activities, with involvement of the Operations and Finance teams, to ensure 100% tuition collections
- Develop contacts and collaborative working relationships with schools, youth-serving organizations, and as well as local and state policymakers
- Support YWCA Boston fund development efforts as needed.
- 5-8 years direct experience in Girls development and programming
- 3-5 years of direct management experience including the ability to coach, develop, and motivate others to achieve outcomes
- Bachelor’s degree in education and/or human services, Master’s degree preferred
- Proficiency in Spanish language preferred
- Advocacy experience preferred
- Proven ability to set program outcomes and use a data-driven approach to measure program effectiveness
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented, non-profit environment
- Style that is organized, entrepreneurial, innovative and risk-taking
- Excellent project management skills with an ability to set priorities, multi-task, and follow through to completion
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Openness to learning and willingness to give and receive feedback
- Strong relationship management skills and experience in fostering a team approach to Girls development and creating successful collaborations among partner organizations
- Enthusiasm, positive sense of humor and can-do attitude
- Demonstrated commitment to racial, gender and social equity
- Must be able to travel around Greater Boston via public transportation, Zip Car, UBER, and/or personal car
- Ability to work some evening and weekend hours a must
Additional Organization Responsibilities
- Adhere to agency policies and procedures for maintaining organizational culture and transparency, including the use of regularly scheduled progress meetings with Vice President of Programs, team meetings, scheduling, e-mail and other communications platforms.
- Positively represent the Agency in all interactions with the public.
- Support YW Boston fund development through participation in education, outreach, cultivation and stewardship efforts.
- Participate in Agency events and perform additional tasks assigned by the Vice President of Programs and/or President & CEO
Salary and Benefits
This is a full-time, salaried, exempt position. Annual salary range is $55,000 to $60,000.
YW Boston provides employees a generous benefits package, including: Medical insurance, flexible spending accounts, flexible schedule options, life insurance, long-term disability insurance, accidental death, and disability insurance, short-term disability insurance and a 403(b) retirement savings plan
How to apply
YW Boston is an equal opportunity employer. Diverse candidates strongly encouraged to apply. Send a cover letter and a resume to email@example.com. Please place the subject title ” Girls Leadership Program Manager” in the headline of your email. Principals only. No phone calls, please.