InclusionBoston Program Manager
YW Boston works to eliminate racism, empower women and promote peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all.
YW Boston is at the vanguard of thought leadership on issues at the intersection of race and gender, helping organizations create more inclusive environments where women, people of color, and in particular, women of color can succeed.
YW Boston is undergoing significant organizational change and we are growing. We have recently updated our strategic plan to leverage our greatest strengths and are investing in our internal culture, including our own racial equity practices. We seek candidates that thrive in adaptive organizations, are comfortable working amidst organizational change, and are excited about helping YW Boston deepen its impact in Boston.
General Statement of Duties
InclusionBoston advances diversity, equity, and inclusion by partnering with organizations looking for improved organizational impact. The Manager will lead a team of coordinators to develop and implement high quality and responsive services for partner organizations. This includes evaluating partner needs, developing curricula, and managing delivery of services that include: organizational assessment and process design, in-person workshops targeted at specific inclusion goals, and dialogue-based sessions empowering individuals and groups to take positive action.
The Manager will report to the Director of DEI Services.
- The successful Manager will achieve the following outcomes:
- Manage a team to meet aggressive goals
- Use outcomes, partner feedback, and latest best practices to guide program development
- Act as a master facilitator, organizational coach, and thought leader, internally and externally, on a variety of diversity, inclusion, and equity topics
- Support a team of talented coordinators to ensure organization can meet demands for services
- Utilize program outcomes to measure and communicate impact
- Through stakeholder engagement and business development strategies, build successful and lasting relationships with partner organizations
Program Development & Implementation
- Provide thought leadership to ensure that InclusionBoston aligns with YW Boston’s Theory of Change and best practices in working with organizations to create more inclusive institutions
- Lead InclusionBoston team to annually achieve or exceed program goals and outcomes
- Design and strengthen curriculum for InclusionBoston services
- Facilitate InclusionBoston sessions and YW workshops in organizations
- Coach organizations through development and completion of actions to improve inclusion
- Regularly assess, measure, and evaluate InclusionBoston outcomes through a data driven approach including assessment tools for participants
- Hire, train and supervise InclusionBoston staff and interns
- Achieve performance goals through coaching, goal setting, staff development, and evaluation
- Develop and manage program budgets
- Support the development and execution of organization action plans
Facilitator Training & Development
- Maintain database of available external facilitators
- Provide hands-on coaching to facilitators and development opportunities
- Develop and implement strategies to engage and retain facilitators
- Work collaboratively with Partnerships Manager, and other staff to develop partnerships and deliver InclusionBoston’s services
- Provide excellent customer service to partner organizations and individual participants
- Some travel is required, primarily local travel in and around Boston.
The Manager of InclusionBoston must have excellent facilitation skills and an ability to coach others. Successful candidates will have content knowledge of diversity, inclusion, and equity with a focus on racial justice and intersectionality. They will exhibit a drive to reach goals and resiliency when setbacks occur. Successful candidates will be intellectually curious, effective communicators, and strong relationship builders.
Specific qualifications include:
- Demonstrated facilitation skills, 5+ years facilitating conversations on race, racism, gender equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Ability to turn conflict into learning, training in conflict/mediation resolution preferred.
- Awareness of their racial identity, personal biases and solid understanding of their own history related to racism.
- Understanding of Boston’s history with racism
- Knowledge of race, racism, gender, and sexism. and the various ways it manifests in modern day society, particularly the intersection of race and gender
- Bachelor’s degree in non-profit management, sociology, human resources, or related field, preferred
- Knowledge of and experience with the following required:
- Racial & Gender Equity
- Curriculum and/or workshop development
- Coaching and/or training facilitators
- Managing relationships with external partners
- Fluency working within different organizational cultures and structures (e.g., corporate, higher-education, government, and school settings)
- Managing multiple priorities and communicating progress to stakeholders
- Program evaluation – experience observing, gathering, and analyzing both quantitative and qualitative data
- Style that is organized, innovative and results oriented
- Familiarity with Salesforce database preferred
- Openness to learning and willingness to give and receive feedback
- Demonstrated commitment to YW Boston’s mission to promote racial, gender and social equity
Additional Organization Responsibilities
- Adhere to agency policies and procedures for maintaining organizational culture and transparency, including use of regularly scheduled progress meetings with Director of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, Team meetings, scheduling, e-mail and other communications platforms.
- Positively represent the Agency in all interactions with the public.
- Support YW Boston fund development through participation in education, outreach, cultivation and stewardship efforts.
- Participate in Agency events and perform additional tasks assigned by the direct supervisor and leadership team members
Salary and Benefits
This is a full-time, salaried, exempt position. Annual salary range is $60,000 to $70,000. YW Boston offers a generous and comprehensive benefits package including annual paid leave, health insurance, 403b option, and a flexible work environment.
How to apply
YW Boston is an equal opportunity employer. Diverse candidates strongly encouraged to apply. Send a cover letter and a resume to email@example.com. Please place the subject title “InclusionBoston Manager” in the headline of your email. No recruiters and no phone calls, please.