Do you know an unstoppable woman changing Boston? Nominate them for YW Boston’s 2024 Academy of Women Achievers!
This award acknowledges “unstoppable women changing Boston” who have demonstrated outstanding leadership and achievement in their professional and civic lives. YW Boston is asking you, our supporters and friends, to nominate women you know who are leading in their fields, creating change, and breaking down barriers in Boston and beyond.
- Anyone may nominate a woman they believe should be recognized for their leadership and achievements.
- Nomination Due Date: December 4, 2023.
- After nominations close, YW Boston’s Host Committee and staff will evaluate nominees and select five honorees.
- Chosen nominees will be notified by the end of 2023.
- The nominee must demonstrate leadership within their Boston-area organization, workplace, or community.
- The nominee must be available to receive the award in person at YW Boston’s 29th Academy of Women Achievers Celebration in June 2024.
- Awardees may represent any industry or field. Recently YW Boston has recognized women leading in communications, media, finance, healthcare, law, energy, retail, and the nonprofit sector.
- As a social justice organization, we encourage you to consider candidates who are diverse by race, ethnicity, and sector.
- One of the five awardees will be awarded the Sylvia Ferrell-Jones Award. Created in honor of YW Boston’s former President & CEO Sylvia Ferrell-Jones, the award honors an up-and-coming young professional woman of color, aged 35 or under, who is a leader in their field. Please designate in your nomination if your nominee should be considered for this award.
Our gender inclusion statement: The Academy of Women Achievers wishes to recognize all those who identify as women, including transgender, non-binary, gender-fluid, polygender, and gender non-conforming people, whose key gender identity, experience, and internal perception on the spectrum of gender is a woman.