Join us in taking a Stand Against Racism
Support our work by fundraising for YW Boston
As the first YWCA in the nation, YW Boston has been at the forefront of advancing social equity for over 150 years. Today, we continue to be dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women, and promoting peace, justice, freedom, and dignity for all. As part of this mission, YW Boston holds the annual Stand Against Racism campaign to raise awareness and start conversations about the impact of institutional racism in our communities.
We need your help to continue to grow the impact of our work. Support us by starting a Facebook fundraiser for YW Boston during the month of April.
Here’s how you can start your own Stand Against Racism fundraiser:
1. Click here to start a fundraiser on Facebook.
2. Set a goal – any goal! Those who meet there goal of $150+ will be entered to win two tickets to YW Boston’s 2020 Academy of Women Achievers Luncheon.
3. Designate when your fundraiser should end. Since April is Stand Against Racism month, consider making it a month-long fundraiser to end on April 30th.
4. Create a title for your fundraiser. Come up with your own or select one of these:
• I Stand Against Racism with YW Boston
• [First Name]’s Stand Against Racism with YW Boston
• Support my Campaign to Stand Against Racism’
• This April, Stand Against Racism With Me
5. Explain why you are raising money for Stand Against Racism. Write your own description or use the one below:
This month, join me for YW Boston’s annual Stand Against Racism campaign! Throughout the month of April, I am raising funds to support YW Boston, a non-profit organization whose mission is to eliminate racism, empower women, and promote peace, justice, freedom, and dignity for all. Through their programs and campaigns, such as Stand Against Racism, they seek to raise awareness of racism within Boston’s institutions and work with people on strategies to create more inclusive environments.
Learning about racism and how to create more inclusive spaces is incredibly important to me. Please help me reach my goal by donating to my Stand Against Racism fundraiser and sharing it on your Facebook. Thank you for standing with me!
6. Use the default cover photo or upload your own. Here’s one:
7. That’s it! Share your fundraiser on your Facebook timeline and tag your friends.
Proceeds from your fundraiser will help keep our work sustainable and allow us to impact a greater number of people in the City of Boston and beyond. Through our programs and advocacy, we educate, amplify, and empower people across difference to create more inclusive environments where women, people of color, and in particular women of color can succeed. Your fundraising will directly support:
About YW Boston
As the first YWCA in the nation, YW Boston has been at the forefront of advancing equity for over 150 years. Through our DE&I services—InclusionBoston and LeadBoston—as well as our advocacy work and F.Y.R.E. Initiative, we help individuals and organizations change policies, practices, attitudes, and behaviors with a goal of creating more inclusive environments where women, people of color, and especially women of color can succeed.