Fund Development Associate
YW Boston works to eliminate racism, empower women and promote peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all.
YW Boston is at the vanguard of thought leadership on issues at the intersection of race and gender, helping organizations create more inclusive environments where women, people of color, and in particular, women of color can succeed.
General Statement of Duties
The Associate is responsible for maintaining the Salesforce database and assisting with donor relations. The Associate is responsible for gift management, statistical reporting and analysis, mailing list management, prospect research, event assistance, and collaborating in building long lasting relationships with donors and prospects.
- Increase in donor retention through outreach and stewardship
- Increase in new donors
- Increase in recurring donors
- Processing of acknowledgement letters between 24-48 hours
Data management for the fund development team:
- Oversee the daily operation of the fund development database (Salesforce), which tracks gift/financial and biographical information on prospects and donors
- Manage the donor platform Click & Pledge to create new giving pages, troubleshoot existing pages, and ensure that data syncs with Salesforce
- Provide support to recurring donors who want to start new gifts, change their card information, or access their past giving record
- Process donations and prepare timely acknowledgement letters and other correspondence
- Ensure that data and income are reconciled between Salesforce and Finance monthly, including additional support during the Audit season
- Manage the set-up, documentation and maintenance of coding structures on Salesforce to ensure effective data selection, analysis and reporting across all fundraising
- Audit the database regularly to ensure data is clean, accurate and that staff are following procedures for data entry and management
- Work with other Salesforce admins on staff to ensure the database runs effectively cross-team
Collaborate with fundraising and communications staff:
- Create a weekly agenda for development team meetings
- Work with the fundraising team to develop reporting, analysis and data selections to support improved retention, income generation and ROI
- Support events by tracking responses and tracking sponsorships and sponsor benefits, including managing collateral collection
- Identify opportunities for using insight and data within Salesforce and Pardot more effectively to improve fundraising and donor relations
- Provide support in the creation and distribution of donor/prospect communication (electronic and print)
- Assist in identifying and cultivating potential and returning Persimmon members
- Help develop campaigns to grow peer-to-peer fundraising
- Help cultivate LeadBoston alums as donors through small alumni events, giving campaigns, and more
- Help conceptualize, develop, and produce marketing materials as related to fundraising
- Collaborate with programs and development teams on finding compelling stories for marketing and fundraising
- Bachelor’s degree or two or more years of experience in a fast paced, nonprofit environment
- Results-oriented and driven, with an entrepreneurial approach to fundraising and problem-solving
- Strong organizational, management and systems skills, with excellent writing and speaking ability
- A high level of computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint required; Salesforce (or similar development software) a plus
- A professional and resourceful style with the ability to work independently and as a team player; ability to take initiative and manage multiple tasks and projects
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and with frequent interruptions.
Salary and Benefits
This is a full-time, salaried, non-exempt position. Annual salary is $40,000. YW Boston offers a generous and comprehensive benefits package including annual paid leave, health insurance, 403b option, and a flexible work environment.
How to apply
Send a cover letter and a resume to email@example.com. Please place the subject title “Development Associate” in the headline of your email. No recruiters and no phone calls, please.
YW Boston is an equal opportunity employer. Diverse candidates strongly encouraged to apply.