Executive and Organization Assistant
YW Boston works to eliminate racism, empower women and promote peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all. We work across racial, gender, religious and social lines with organizations in all sectors to educate people about disparities and provide them with tools to dismantle them.
The successful candidate will have a passion for achieving racial and gender equity within organizations and for creating inclusive organizations.
People, Collaboration, Liberation, Courage, Shared Leadership
General Statement of Duties
The Executive and Organization Assistant position is an opportunity for someone to support the President and CEO and to work closely with Senior Leadership to support critically important administrative functions of the organization. Responsibilities include overseeing the operation of the CEO’s office, board activities, program and staff support.
The Executive and Organization Assistant will report to the President and CEO.
The successful Executive and Organization Assistant will achieve the following outcomes:
- Ensure the smooth operation of the CEO’s office, including internal and external meetings and communications.
- Effective and efficient scheduling and logistics for DEI services.
- Accurate and timely administration of board processes and activities.
- Help maintain and manage the CEO’s calendar
- Organize schedule and prepare for meetings with key people and partners
- Schedule and support CEO’s speaking engagements (materials, slide decks, and logistics)
- Assist in responding to email and other correspondence
Board and fundraising support
- Schedule board and committee meetings, and orientation mtg for new board members
- Maintain board prospect list, term limits, bios, and other lists
- Provide additional support to Fund Development team as requested by the CEO or Chief Development Officer
Program and other support
- Schedule InclusionBoston workshops and series
- Produce slide decks, organize materials and arrange logistics
- Help with administrative duties relating to sales leads, including scheduling calls/meetings and data entry into Salesforce
- Support developing contracts
- Scheduling and support for DEI Community of Practice cohort(s)
- Maintain accurate records for LeadBoston alumni network
- Salesforce data cleaning
Special projects and other duties as assigned
- At least 5 years of experience in an executive assistant role
- Commitment to the YWCA mission
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners, and donors; possession of a high level of customer/client service and response
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly, with excellent attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving
- Highly resourceful team player with the ability to work effectively independently
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Strong project management experience with demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite and Salesforce
- Willingness to work occasional evenings and early mornings, as needed
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work in an environment with economic, racial, ethnic and gender diversity
Additional Organization Responsibilities
- Adhere to agency policies and procedures for maintaining organizational culture and transparency, including use of e-mail, Teams, and other communications platforms
- Positively represent the organization in all interactions with the public
- Support YW Boston fund development through participation in education, outreach, cultivation and stewardship efforts
- Participate in events and perform additional tasks assigned by the President & CEO
Salary and Benefits
This is a full-time, exempt position. Annual salary range is between $51,000-$57,000.
YW Boston provides employees a generous benefits package, including generous paid time off, Medical and dental insurance, flexible spending accounts, flexible schedule options, life insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, accidental death, and a 403(b) retirement savings plan.
How to apply
YW Boston is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status, or to other non-work-related factors. Diverse candidates strongly encouraged to apply. Send a cover letter and a resume to email@example.com. Please place the subject title “Executive and Organization Assistant” in the headline of your email. Principals only. No phone calls, please.