The Persimmon Society
Named after YWCA’s signature color, the Persimmon Society is the leadership giving society of YW Boston, made up of our most consistent and generous supporters. By donating $1,000 or more in a calendar year, or $84 or more per month, you automatically become a member of the Persimmon Society.
As a member of YW Boston’s Persimmon Society, you will enjoy:
- Opportunities to network with others who share your passion to eliminate racism, empower women and promote peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all.
- Regular updates from our leadership team on our work to create more inclusive environments in Boston and beyond.
- Invitations to special events, such as our recent wine tasting with The Urban Grape and visits to local arts institutions.
- Recognition in our annual report.
- A selection of YW Boston-branded stickers and bookmarks.
Supporters who give $5,000 or more in one calendar year are part of Sylvia’s Sustainers. Sylvia Ferrell-Jones, YW Boston’s former President and CEO, was a champion for women of color in Boston. By joining Sylvia’s Sustainers, you are continuing her legacy.