Manager of Data Analysis
YW Boston works to eliminate racism, empower women and promote peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all. YW Boston is at the vanguard of thought leadership on issues at the intersection of race and gender, helping organizations create more inclusive environments where women, people of color, and in particular, women of color can succeed.
YW Boston invests in our internal culture, including our own racial equity practices. We seek candidates that thrive in adaptive organizations, are comfortable working amidst organizational change, and are excited about helping YW Boston deepen its impact in Boston.
YW Boston’s Values are:
TRANSFORMATIONAL SOCIAL CHANGE: Commitment to dismantling systems of oppression
- COLLABORATION: Working together, we multiply our contribution
- COURAGE: Bold, purposeful action
- LIBERATION: Amplify diverse voices toward freedom for all
- PEOPLE: Success is dependent on our team members’ well being
- SHARED LEADERSHIP: Working in service to our mission and to one another
General Statement of Duties
The Manager of Data Analysis will support the Director of Research and Evaluation, as well as the broader organization, in data collection, analysis, and visualization of data to identify and maximize our impact. This role will lead data analysis and reporting for the sales, marketing, fundraising, and partnerships teams at YW Boston. As part of this, the Manager of Data Analysis will work with the Director of Research and Evaluation to stay up to date with best practices for collecting and reporting data for diverse stakeholders, innovate new ways to measure diversity, equity, and inclusion, and support maintenance of YW Boston’s databases. YW Boston currently uses Salesforce, Microsoft 365, and Tableau for this work.
This Manager position will report to the Director of Research and Evaluation.
The successful Manager of Data Analysis will achieve the following outcomes:
- Ensure consistent and accurate collection and analysis of data
- Support core competencies amongst staff to effectively use reporting tools
- Maintain relationships with Boston area organizations
- Provide clear and useful reports for departments, clients, and other internal and external stakeholders
- Collect, clean, manage, and analyze quantitative data sets from multiple sources
- Analyze and visualize sales, donor, stakeholder engagement, and marketing data
- Appropriately (re)structure data files depending on use (analysis, visualization, etc.)
- Apply appropriate quantitative methods to investigate and answer key questions in data
- Provide clear and useful reports for staff, board, and other stakeholders as needed to improve strategies and programs that comply with strategic plans and respond to client needs
Stakeholder Support and Communications
- Collaborate with YW Boston departments (programs, sales, fund development, etc.) to determine and provide key reporting and analysis needs
- Coordinate internal data collection and reporting efforts
- Support data conversations and trainings with key stakeholders to increase data fluency, use of data visualization tools, etc. to increase impact
- Support collection of demographic data (and other measures)
- Support data collection policies and practices and monitors uniform data collection compliance and quality across the organization
- Work with the Director of Research and Evaluation to develop and own a consistent schedule of reporting for all departments
- Protect a secure and accurate database by developing policies, procedures, and controls
- Support database performance by troubleshooting problems
- Support documentation of data processes and changes in collection
- Contribute to cross-organizational projects as relevant
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
The Manager of Data Analysis must have a strong base of technical and communication skills that can be flexibly adopted to meet the needs of different internal and external stakeholders. Successful candidates will exhibit a strong drive to reach goals and resiliency when setbacks occur. Successful candidates will be intellectually curious, collaborative, effective communicators, strong relationship builders, and able to offer creative ideas along with strong leadership.
- 5+ years of experience collecting, cleaning, analyzing, and visualizing quantitative data. Relevant coursework and certifications may count towards this experience
- Experience communicating (both orally and written) data processes and findings with diverse stakeholder groups, including those with little/no experience with data analysis
- A workstyle that is organized, innovative, detail, and results oriented
- Demonstrated commitment to YW Boston’s mission
- Creative and results-oriented with the ability to conduct exploratory analyses to uncover potential opportunities for growth and innovation
- Quantitative analysis skills appropriate for sales, marketing, donor, and program data
- Experience with mixed methods data collection and storytelling with purpose
- Experience developing statistical and interactive visualizations
- Experience and/or interest in intersectional data collection and analysis
- Experience with project management, evaluation, and/or program assessment
- Openness to learning and willingness to give and receive feedback
- Enthusiasm, positive sense of humor, and can-do attitude
Additional Organization Responsibilities
- Adhere to organization policies and procedures for maintaining organizational culture and transparency, including use of regularly scheduled progress meetings with Director of Research and Evaluation, Team meetings, scheduling, e-mail and other communications platforms
- Positively represent the organization in all interactions with the public
- Support YW Boston fund development through participation in education, outreach, cultivation and stewardship efforts as needed
- Participate in organization events and perform additional tasks assigned by the Director of Research and Evaluation and/or President & CEO
Salary and Benefits
This is a full-time, salaried, exempt position. Annual salary range is $63,500-$68,750. Compensation is based on the overall number of years of experience as well as relevant experience to the position. Salary scales are set according to an explicit compensation policy, and relevant market data is analyzed when setting ranges for each role.
YW Boston provides employees a generous benefits package, including generous paid time off, medical and dental insurance, flexible spending accounts, flexible schedule options, life insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, accidental death, and a 403(b) retirement savings plan.
How to apply
YW Boston is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status, or to other non-work-related factors. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. At this time, YW Boston is not able to offer employment VISA sponsorships.
YW Boston strongly encourages candidates from diverse backgrounds and experiences. We recognize that people from structurally marginalized groups often only apply to jobs if they meet 100% of the qualifications, despite the reality that applicants rarely ever meet 100% of the qualifications. If this position aligns with your experience and interests, please apply!
Send a cover letter and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please place the subject title “Manager of Data Analysis“ in the headline of your email. No phone calls, please. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.