YW Boston works to eliminate racism, empower women and promote peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all. We work across racial, gender, religious and social lines with organizations in all sectors to educate people about disparities and provide them with tools to dismantle them. We pride ourselves on being reflective, innovative, outcomes oriented, and passionate about our work.
General Statement of Duties
YW Boston seeks an energetic, detail-oriented Organizational Assistant who will provide operations and administrative support to the Executive and Programs Team to ensure efficiency of operations, effective delivery of program activities, and high quality service to internal and external constituencies including Board of Directors, partners and program participants. The Organizational Assistant will coordinate and manage administrative and logistics needs for the Leadership Team. The Organizational Assistant will also manage logistics needs for the program team activities, facilitate communication across the organization, support research and evaluation of programs and donors, and support projects and other administrative tasks as assigned.
The successful Organizational Assistant will:
- Effectively manage Leadership Team calendars including scheduling and logistics for internal and external meetings and communications
- Create, edit and format presentations, documents, correspondence and materials that reinforce our mission and vision
- Coordinate well-organized and effective Board meetings
- Support Programs Team in preparing for and implementing high quality programs
- Support research and data projects to inform our work
Leadership Team Support
- Maintains and manages the CEO’s calendar; organize schedule and prepare for meetings with key stakeholders and partners
- Creates, edits and formats presentations, documents, correspondence and materials as appropriate
- Assists with the completion of one-time projects relating to current initiatives of the Leadership team
Board Support and Liaison
- Serves as the CEO’s administrative liaison to the YW Boston Board of Directors
- Works with and supports the CEO with Board activities including Board and Committee meeting preparation and support for committees
- Plans and coordinates logistics for all Board meetings, committee meetings, management meetings and the annual meeting, including scheduling meeting space, preparing and mailing meeting packets in advance of meeting, and managing all operational aspects of the meeting, including managing a Board protected site
- Maintains discretion and confidentiality in relationships with all Board members
Program team support
- Responds to requests for information about programs
- Keeps up to date on programming and keeps consistent records on programmatic calendars
- Research projects as assigned including other mission-based nonprofits/programs
- Performs data entry and general clerical duties to include but not limited to photocopying, faxing, mailing, filing, ordering materials, and scheduling
- High school diploma/GED required, five years of work experience preferred
- Strong ability to collaborate with colleagues and manage initiatives across all levels of the organization to achieve goals
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, take initiative, be self-directed and take feedback well
- Enthusiasm, positive sense of humor, fantastic customer service ethic and follow through
- Demonstrated commitment to racial, gender and social justice and excitement for YW Boston’s work
- Ability to travel locally required
- Ability to work some early morning, evening and weekend hours a must
- Superior organizational written and verbal communications skills and demonstrated project management experience
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point. Salesforce training and experience preferred; other development software acceptable.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work in a goal-oriented team environment with economic, racial, ethnic and gender diversity.
Additional Organization Responsibilities
- Adhere to agency policies and procedures for maintaining organizational culture and transparency, including use of regularly scheduled progress meetings with supervisor, team meetings, scheduling, e-mail and other communications platforms.
- Positively represent the Agency in all interactions with the public.
- Support YW Boston fund development through participation in education, outreach, cultivation, and stewardship efforts.
- Participate in Agency events and perform additional tasks assigned by the Vice President of Programs and/or President & CEO
Salary and Benefits
This is a full-time, salaried, non-exempt position. Annual salary range is $45,000-$55,000. YW Boston offers a generous and comprehensive benefits package including annual paid leave, health insurance, 403b option, and a flexible work environment.
How to apply
YW Boston is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status, or to other non-work-related factors.
Diverse candidates strongly encouraged to apply. Send a cover letter and a resume to email@example.com Please place the subject title “Organizational Assistant” in the headline of your email. Principals only. No phone calls, please.