Organizational Development Senior Coordinator
YW Boston works to eliminate racism, empower women and promote peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all.
YW Boston is at the vanguard of thought leadership on issues at the intersection of race and gender, helping organizations create more inclusive environments where women, people of color, and in particular, women of color can succeed.
YW Boston invests in our internal culture, including our own racial equity practices. We seek candidates that thrive in adaptive organizations, are comfortable working amidst organizational change, and are excited about helping YW Boston deepen its impact in Boston.
YW Boston’s values are:
- TRANSFORMATIONAL SOCIAL CHANGE: Commitment to dismantling systems of oppression
- COLLABORATION: Working together, we multiply our contribution
- COURAGE: Bold, purposeful action
- LIBERATION: Amplify diverse voices toward freedom for all
- PEOPLE: Success is dependent on our team members’ well being
- SHARED LEADERSHIP: Working in service to our mission and to one another
General Statement of Duties
InclusionBoston advances diversity, equity, and inclusion by partnering with organizations looking for improved organizational impact. The Senior Coordinator is a key member of the team that supports organizational development processes in our partner organizations. This includes facilitating content in a variety of settings and supporting organizations and individuals to take action towards achieving systematic and individual change.
The Senior Coordinator will report to the Director of InclusionBoston.
The successful Senior Coordinator will achieve the following outcomes:
Deliver high quality content and programs to partner organizations
Provide support to partner organizations to create and implement action plans designed to improve inclusivity their organizations
Contribute to environment of continuous learning and quality improvement
Content & Facilitation
- Research and create content for Organizational Development within InclusionBoston curriculum
- Create slide decks for customized workshops and follow-up
- Learn about partner organizations to develop and complete action plans
- Support the execution of partner organization action plans
- Facilitate InclusionBoston sessions and YW Boston workshops in partner organizations
- Support InclusionBoston team to annually achieve or exceed program goals and outcomes
- Work collaboratively with co-facilitators to plan and lead thoughtful and dynamic sessions
Evaluation & Support
- Provide coaching to team members on the needs of partner organizations
- Act as liaison between partner and YW Boston, implementing evaluations and monitoring attendance
- Support the implementation of evaluation and database integration into organizational follow-up
- Use outcomes, partner feedback and YW Boston best practices to work collaboratively with Sales team, Organizational Development Manager, and other staff to develop stakeholder relationships
- Share anecdotal observations and feedback with colleagues
- Use YW Boston’s Theory of Change and best practices to evaluate partnerships and report back
- Support scheduling of follow-up meetings with partner organizations
- Act as liaison between partner organizations and YW Boston
- Some travel is required, primarily local travel in and around Boston
The Senior Coordinator must have a base of racial and gender equity fluency and facilitation skills that can be flexibly adapted to meet the needs of different external stakeholders. Successful candidates will exhibit a strong drive to reach goals and resiliency when setbacks occur. They will be intellectually curious, effective communicators, strong relationship builders, and able to offer creative ideas.
Specific qualifications include:
- Demonstrated facilitation skills, 3+ years facilitating conversations on race, racism, gender, diversity and inclusion
- Knowledge of racism and sexism, and the various ways it manifests in modern day society, as well as having an awareness of their racial identity, personal biases and solid understanding of their own history related to racism.
- Experience working across organizational levels from entry-level staff to executives
- Ability to work independently to coordinate logistics (travel to site, plan with org dev team, etc.)
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Openness to learning and willingness to give and receive feedback
- Demonstrated commitment to YW Boston’s mission to promote racial, gender and social equity
Preferred qualifications include:
- Understanding of Boston’s history with racism and sexism
- Familiarity with Salesforce database
- Training in conflict/mediation resolution
Additional Organization Responsibilities
- Adhere to agency policies and procedures for maintaining organizational culture and transparency, including use of regularly scheduled progress meetings with Director of InclusionBoston, team meetings, scheduling, e-mail and other communications platforms.
- Positively represent the Organization in all interactions with the public.
- Participate in Organization events and perform additional tasks assigned by the Director of InclusionBoston and/or President & CEO.
Salary and Benefits
This is a full-time, salaried, exempt position. Annual salary range is $51,000-$57,000. Compensation is based on the overall number of years of experience, skills and relevant experience to the position. Compensation is based on the overall number of years of experience as well as relevant experience to the position. Salary scales are set according to an explicit compensation policy, and relevant market data is analyzed when setting ranges for each role.
YW Boston offers a generous and comprehensive benefits package including annual paid leave, health insurance, 403b option, and a flexible work environment.
How to apply
YW Boston is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status, or to other non-work-related factors. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. At this time, YW Boston is not able to offer employment VISA sponsorships.
Diverse candidates strongly encouraged to apply. Send a cover letter and a resume to email@example.com. Please place the subject title “Senior Coordinator” in the headline of your email. Principals only. No phone calls, please.