Senior Executive Assistant
YW Boston works to eliminate racism, empower women and promote peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all. YW Boston is at the vanguard of thought leadership on issues at the intersection of race and gender, helping organizations create more inclusive environments where women, people of color, and in particular, women of color can succeed.
YW Boston invests in our internal culture, including our own racial equity practices. We seek candidates that thrive in adaptive organizations, are comfortable working amidst organizational change, and are excited about helping YW Boston deepen its impact in Boston.
YW Boston’s Values are:
TRANSFORMATIONAL SOCIAL CHANGE: Commitment to dismantling systems of oppression
- COLLABORATION: Working together, we multiply our contribution
- COURAGE: Bold, purposeful action
- LIBERATION: Amplify diverse voices toward freedom for all
- PEOPLE: Success is dependent on our team members’ well being
- SHARED LEADERSHIP: Working in service to our mission and to one another
General Statement of Duties
YW Boston is seeking a detail-oriented Senior Executive Assistant who will provide administrative support to the Chief of Programs to ensure effective communication of program activities and high quality customer service to partners. The Senior Executive Assistant will overseeing the operation of the Chief of Programs’ office, coordinate logistics of meetings and activities, prepare correspondence and meeting notes, input assessment data into the program database, and manage projects and other administrative tasks as assigned.
The Senior Executive Assistant will report to the Chief of Programs.
The successful Executive Assistant will achieve the following outcomes:
- Efficient administrative support of scheduling and logistics for DEI services leading to excellent program outcomes.
- Ensure the smooth operation of the Chief of Programs’ office, including internal and external meetings and communications.
- Efficient use of the Chief of Programs’ time especially on administrative matters
- Maintain and manage the Chief of Program’s calendar; organize schedule and prepare for meetings with key stakeholders and partners and other logistics
- Schedule InclusionBoston workshops and series
- Keep up to date on programming and keeps consistent records on program team and YW Boston org-wide calendars
- Respond to requests and inquiries for information about programs
- Create, edit, and format slide decks, presentations, documents, correspondence, meeting summaries, and materials
- Support sales leads, including scheduling calls and meetings, attending meetings, taking minutes, and data entry into Salesforce
- Develop and send proposals and other deliverables to partners with follow up as necessary
- Maintain relationships with partners and keep partners updated on logistics and next steps
- Enter attendance and pre/post evaluations of InclusionBoston workshops and Series into Salesforce
- Research projects as assigned including other mission-based nonprofits/programs
Specific qualifications include:
- 5+ years of experience in an executive assistant role
- Demonstrated commitment to YW Boston’s mission to promote racial, gender and social equity
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners, and donors; possession of a high level of customer/client service and response
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly, with excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving
- Highly resourceful team player with the ability to work effectively independently
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Strong project management experience with demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- A high level of computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required; Salesforce a plus
- Openness to learning and willingness to give and receive feedback
Additional Organization Responsibilities
- Adhere to organization policies and procedures for maintaining organizational culture and transparency, including use of regularly scheduled progress meetings with Chief of Programs, Team meetings, scheduling, e-mail and other communications platforms.
- Positively represent the organization in all interactions with the public.
- Support YW Boston fund development through participation in education, outreach, cultivation and stewardship efforts
- Participate in Agency events and perform additional tasks assigned by the Chief of Programs and/or President & CEO
Salary and Benefits
This is a full-time, exempt position. Annual salary range is $63,500-$68,750. Compensation is based on the overall number of years of experience, skills and relevant experience to the position. Salary scales are set according to an explicit compensation policy, and relevant market data is analyzed when setting ranges for each role.
YW Boston provides employees a generous benefits package, including generous paid time off, Medical and dental insurance, flexible spending accounts, flexible schedule options, life insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, accidental death and dismemberment, and a 403(b) retirement savings plan.
How to apply
YW Boston is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status, or to other non-work-related factors. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. At this time, YW Boston is not able to offer employment VISA sponsorships.
YW Boston strongly encourages candidates from diverse backgrounds and experiences. We recognize that people from structurally marginalized groups often only apply to jobs if they meet 100% of the qualifications, despite the reality that applicants rarely ever meet 100% of the qualifications. If this position aligns with your experience and interests, please apply!
Send a cover letter and a resume to email@example.com. Please place the subject title “Senior Executive Assistant” in the headline of your email. Principals only. No phone calls, please.