May Virtual Session: Immigration
Date: May 6, 2020
Time: 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Location: Zoom Meeting (see email for link)
Our objectives are to
- Discuss how immigrant populations, especially immigrants who are undocumented, are disproportionately affected by the COVID-19 crisis
- Explore the impact of immigration status on access to community resources and support
Agenda – Download Agenda
- 9:00 Welcome & Opening Discussion
- 10:00 Expert Speaker: Amira Al-Subaey, Field Organizer and Membership Coordinator, MIRA Coalition
- 11:00 Discussion & Closing
Complete the following readings before our program day:
- Covid-19 Resource Guide for Boston’s Immigrants
- We’re Ignored Completely.’ Amid the Pandemic, Undocumented Immigrants Are Essential But Exposed
- With Coronavirus, Racism is the Underlying Condition
- Chelsea, City of the Working Latino Immigrant, Emerges as a COVID-19 Hotspot
Watch the YW Module 3 video on “Patterns of Oppression” (6:28)
- Complete the questions in your LeadBoston Journal.
- Go onto the YW Boston Connect LeadBoston 2020 group page and share your response to the post and share question as a comment to Rachael’s post.
Please have your comment up by end-of-day Monday, 5/4, so that everyone has time to review each other’s answers.