F.Y.R.E (Fierce Youth Reigniting Excellence) Initiative Coordinator
YW Boston works to eliminate racism, empower women and promote peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all.
YW Boston is at the vanguard of thought leadership on issues at the intersection of race and gender, helping organizations create more inclusive environments where women, people of color, and in particular, women of color can succeed.
YW Boston invests in our internal culture, including our own racial equity practices. We seek candidates that thrive in adaptive organizations, are comfortable working amidst organizational change, and are excited about helping YW Boston deepen its impact in Boston.
YW Boston’s Values are:
TRANSFORMATIONAL SOCIAL CHANGE: Commitment to dismantling systems of oppression
- COLLABORATION: Working together, we multiply our contribution
- COURAGE: Bold, purposeful action
- LIBERATION: Amplify diverse voices toward freedom for all
- PEOPLE: Success is dependent on our team members’ well being
- SHARED LEADERSHIP: Working in service to our mission and to one another
General Statement of Duties
YW Boston utilizes a positive youth development approach to support young people to achieve outcomes necessary for success in the future based on youth’s interests, strengths, and formative needs. In addition to collaborative program development and working directly with youth providing social justice education, advocacy, and leadership training, the F.Y.R.E Initiative Coordinator is responsible for cultivating and maintaining partnerships with key collaborators and partner organizations, facilitating weekly meetings with youth at partner sites, as well as planning and executing content and logistics for program activities.
Program planning duties include conducting research and facilitating workshops on topics including race, gender, advocacy, and leadership skills along with planning the logistics for the end of semester gatherings for all program participants. The F.Y.R.E Initiative Coordinator will provide excellent customer service to participants and collaborating organizations.
YW Boston is committed to assessing performance to ensure high-quality programs, and the F.Y.R.E Initiative Coordinator is responsible for accurate collection and input of data as well as utilizing the learnings from the data to improve practice and programs.
This position will report to the F.Y.R.E. Initiative Senior Program Manager.
The successful F.Y.R.E Initiative Coordinator will achieve the following outcomes:
- Successfully meet program goals including execution of logistics, program quality, and number of youth engaged
- Execute accurate collection and timely input of all data
- Ensure youth meet outcomes goals around knowledge and attitude changes and successfully complete Community Action Projects
Program Development & Implementation
- Contribute to the development and achievement of program goals and outcomes
- Collaborate with Manager to design and evaluate program including curriculum development
- Facilitate program workshops on self-esteem, healthy relationships, advocacy, race and gender equity to middle and high school girls in Boston at local Boston public schools, charter schools, parochial schools, and other youth-serving agencies
- Provide youth with short-term and long term support and follow-up to meet programmatic goals
- Support and coach youth on completing their community action projects (CAPs)
- Identify resources to meet youth needs
- Create and maintain relationships with partner organizations
- Remain current on current events to provide support to youth
- Coordinate appropriate social media content for the F.Y.R.E Initiative social media to promote critical thinking about social justice and current events
- Coordinate all logistics and operational needs for program
Data and Performance Management
- Ensure all data is collected including attendance, assessments, and evaluations
- Enter all program data by deadlines set by Director of Research and Evaluation
- Regularly assess, measure, and evaluate youth development outcomes through a data driven approach in collaboration with Manager and Director of Research and Evaluation
Partnerships and Collaborations
- Manage contracts and billing activities, with involvement of the Operations and Finance teams
- Coordinate logistics and operations with program partners
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with program partners and collaborators conducting partnership meetings, soliciting, collecting, and evaluating feedback from partner organizations
- 1+ years of youth development experience.
- Spanish language required.
- Ability to work independently to coordinate logistics (travel to site, plan with FYRE team, etc.)
- Experience facilitating group discussion in a context of teaching or training.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work in a goal-oriented team environment.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated project ownership experience.
- Experience using social media and other tools to build member engagement.
- Demonstrated commitment to YW Boston’s mission to promote racial, gender and social equity.
- Knowledge of racism and sexism, and the various ways it manifests in modern day society, as well as having an awareness of their racial identity, personal biases and solid understanding of their own history related to racism.
- Must be able to travel around Greater Boston via public transportation, Lyft, and/or personal car.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Proven ability to employ a trauma-informed behavior management approach, including use of positive redirection.
- Knowledge of a variety of behavior management strategies preferred.
- Program evaluation skills: experience observing, gathering, and analyzing both quantitative and qualitative data.
- Experience with Salesforce.
Additional Organization Responsibilities
- Adhere to organizational policies and procedures for maintaining organizational culture and transparency, including use of regularly scheduled progress meetings with F.Y.R.E. Initiative Senior Program Manager, team meetings, scheduling, e-mail and other communications platforms.
- Positively represent the organization in all interactions with the public.
- Support YW Boston Fund Development through participation in education, outreach, cultivation and stewardship efforts.
- Participate in organization events, cross departmental committees and/or internal working groups, and perform additional tasks assigned by the F.Y.R.E. Initiative Senior Program Manager and/or President & CEO.
Salary and Benefits
This is a full-time, hourly, non-exempt position. Annual salary is $47,500.
YW Boston provides employees a generous benefits package, including generous paid time off, Medical and dental insurance, flexible spending accounts, flexible schedule options, life insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, accidental death and dismemberment, and a 403(b) retirement savings plan.
How to apply
YW Boston is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status, or to other non-work-related factors. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. At this time, YW Boston is not able to offer employment VISA sponsorships.
Diverse candidates strongly encouraged to apply. Send a cover letter and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please place the subject title “FYRE Initiative Coordinator” in the headline of your email. Principals only. No phone calls, please.