YW Boston works to eliminate racism, empower women and promote peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all. YW Boston is at the vanguard of thought leadership on issues at the intersection of race and gender, helping organizations create more inclusive environments where women, people of color, and in particular, women of color can succeed.
YW Boston invests in our internal culture, including our own racial equity practices. We seek candidates that thrive in adaptive organizations, are comfortable working amidst organizational change, and are excited about helping YW Boston deepen its impact in Boston.
People, Collaboration, Liberation, Courage, Shared Leadership
General Statement of Duties
InclusionBoston advances diversity, equity, and inclusion by partnering with organizations looking for improved organizational impact. The Manager will develop and implement high quality and responsive services for partner organizations. This includes evaluating partner needs, developing curricula, and managing delivery of services that include: organizational assessment and process design, in-person and virtual workshops targeted at specific inclusion goals, and dialogue-based sessions empowering individuals and groups to take positive action.
The Manager will report to the Director of InclusionBoston.
The successful Manager will achieve the following outcomes:
- Meet aggressive goals
- Use outcomes, partner feedback, and latest best practices to guide program development
- Act as a master facilitator, organizational coach, and thought leader, internally and externally, on a variety of diversity, inclusion, and equity topics
- Support a team of talented facilitators and coordinators to ensure our organization can meet demands for high-quality services
- Utilize program outcomes to measure and communicate impact
- Through stakeholder engagement and business development strategies, build successful and lasting relationships with partner organizations
Program Development & Implementation
- Provide thought leadership to ensure that InclusionBoston aligns with YW Boston’s Theory of Change and best practices in working with organizations to create more inclusive institutions
- Contribute to achieve or exceed InclusionBoston program goals and outcomes
- Design and strengthen curriculum for InclusionBoston services
- Facilitate InclusionBoston sessions and YW workshops in organizations
- Support coaching organizations through development and completion of actions to improve inclusion
- Regularly assess, measure, and evaluate InclusionBoston outcomes through a data driven approach including assessment tools for participants
- Achieve performance goals through coaching, goal setting, staff development, and evaluation
- Work collaboratively with Partnerships Manager, and other staff to develop partnerships and deliver InclusionBoston’s services
- Provide excellent customer service to partner organizations and individual participants
The InclusionBoston Manager must have excellent facilitation skills and an ability to coach others. Successful candidates will have content knowledge of diversity, inclusion, and equity with a focus on racial justice and intersectionality. They will exhibit a drive to reach goals and resiliency when setbacks occur. Successful candidates will be intellectually curious, quick learners, effective communicators, and strong relationship builders.
Required qualifications include:
- Demonstrated facilitation skills, 5+ years facilitating conversations on race, racism, gender equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Ability to turn conflict into learning, training in conflict/mediation resolution preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to YW Boston’s mission to promote racial, gender and social equity
- Awareness of their racial identity, personal biases and solid understanding of their own history related to racism
- Knowledge of race, racism, gender, and sexism, and the various ways it manifests in modern day society, particularly the intersection of race and gender
- Knowledge of and experience with the following required:
- Managing relationships with external partners
- Fluency working within different organizational cultures and structures (e.g., corporate, higher-education, healthcare, government, and school settings)
- Managing multiple priorities and communicating progress to stakeholders
- A workstyle that is organized, innovative and results oriented
- Ability to turn conflict into learning
- Openness to learning and willingness to give and receive feedback
Preferred qualifications include:
- Curriculum and/or workshop development
- Familiarity with Salesforce database
- Understanding of Boston’s history with racism
- Program evaluation: experience observing, gathering, and analyzing both quantitative and qualitative data
Additional Organization Responsibilities
- Adhere to organization policies and procedures for maintaining organizational culture and transparency, including use of regularly scheduled progress meetings with Director of InclusionBoston, team meetings, scheduling, e-mail and other communications platforms
- Positively represent the Agency in all interactions with the public.
- Support YW Boston fund development through participation in education, outreach, cultivation and stewardship efforts.
- Participate in organization events and perform additional tasks assigned by the direct supervisor and leadership team members
- Some travel is required, primarily local travel in and around Boston (post-pandemic)
Salary and Benefits
This is a full-time, salaried, exempt position. Annual salary range is $63,500-$68,750. Compensation is based on the overall number of years of experience, skills and relevant experience to the position.
YW Boston provides employees a generous benefits package, including generous paid time off, Medical and dental insurance, flexible spending accounts, flexible schedule options, life insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, accidental death and dismemberment, and a 403(b) retirement savings plan.
How to apply
YW Boston is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status, or to other non-work-related factors. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. At this time, YW Boston is not able to offer employment VISA sponsorships.
YW Boston strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply as frequently cited statistics show that people from structurally marginalized groups apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. No one ever meets 100% of the qualifications.
Send a cover letter and a resume to email@example.com. Please place the subject title “InclusionBoston Manager” in the headline of your email. Principals only. No phone calls, please.