YW Boston works to eliminate racism, empower women and promote peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all.
YW Boston is at the vanguard of thought leadership on issues at the intersection of race and gender, helping organizations create more inclusive environments where women, people of color, and in particular, women of color can succeed.
YW Boston invests in our internal culture, including our own racial equity practices. We seek candidates that thrive in adaptive organizations, are comfortable working amidst organizational change, and are excited about helping YW Boston deepen its impact in Boston.
YW Boston’s values are:
- TRANSFORMATIONAL SOCIAL CHANGE: Commitment to dismantling systems of oppression
- COLLABORATION: Working together, we multiply our contribution
- COURAGE: Bold, purposeful action
- LIBERATION: Amplify diverse voices toward freedom for all
- PEOPLE: Success is dependent on our team members’ well being
- SHARED LEADERSHIP: Working in service to our mission and to one another
General Statement of Duties
Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Communications, the Marketing Coordinator will support acquisition and cultivation of YW Boston donors, program participants, partners, and supporters. This position will work collaboratively with YW Boston’s Manager of Marketing & Communications as well as programmatic staff within the organization. The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for content production, database and automation maintenance, research, communication with internal stakeholders, and meeting project deadlines.
The Marketing Coordinator will report to the Director of Marketing and Communications.
The successful Marketing Coordinator will achieve the following outcomes:
- Support timely production and distribution of YW Boston’s monthly editorial calendar.
- Create and maintain efficient systems for measuring and tracking key performance indicators using tools such as Salesforce, Pardot, and WordPress.
- Increase turnaround and response times for programmatic and fund development marketing and communication needs.
- Improve marketing lead generation pipeline for donors and program participants.
- Contribute to and participate in the planning and development of YW Boston’s marketing and communications strategy, including fundraising campaigns, content strategy, and editorial calendars.
- Create video, graphic, and written content for YW Boston’s social media, website, fundraising, events, programs, and other internal and external stakeholders under the supervision of the Director of Marketing and Communications and with guidance from the Manager of Marketing and Communications.
- Support the marketing department’s initiatives with the planning, executing, and tracking of marketing programs such as email, event, social media, graphic design, photography/videography, and content marketing.
- Build, prepare, upload, and test email lists.
- Manage a variety of content production tasks including email and social media copywriting, research, long-form writing for blog posts, and graphic design for social media and email marketing, among others, in order to support recurring fundraising needs, program recruitment cycles, event calendars, and editorial calendars.
- Strengthen relationships between YW Boston staff to understand the needs of our internal stakeholders, external stakeholders and supporters, and program participants.
- At least 1 year of experience in a marketing, communications, or content production role.
- Experience with email marketing or automation software such as Pardot, Mailchimp, HubSpot, Constant Contact, or their equivalents.
- Experience creating written content optimized for different platforms and channels such as blog posts, toolkits, white papers, social media, email, etc.
- Demonstrated ability with graphic design or creating visual content such as social media posts, event branding and collaterals, flyers, one-pagers, short videos, GIFs, etc. A portfolio of previous graphic design work is required.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines while maintaining a focused attention to detail.
- Ability to work both independently and as a part of a small team.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, interpersonal and relationship-building skills, team-oriented, strong editorial and proof-reading skills, and a high level of attention to detail.
- An interest in personal and professional growth and continued learning in support of a more equitable, inclusive, and anti-racist society.
- Demonstrated commitment to YW Boston’s mission to promote racial, gender and social equity
Preferred qualifications include:
- Familiarity with Salesforce, Pardot, WordPress, and Google Analytics
- Experience with fundraising, crowdfunding, and peer-to-peer platforms such as Click & Pledge and Facebook Fundraisers
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- Experience with Canva
- Familiarity with the nonprofit sector and/or communicating about topics of social justice and diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI)
- Bachelor’s degree in a Marketing, Communications, Journalism or English Major or equivalent experience
Additional Organization Responsibilities
- Adhere to agency policies and procedures for maintaining organizational culture and transparency, including use of regularly scheduled progress meetings with the Director of Marketing and Communications, team meetings, scheduling, e-mail and other communications platforms.
- Positively represent the Agency in all interactions with the public.
- Support YW Boston fund development through participation in education, outreach, cultivation and stewardship efforts.
- Participate in organization events and perform additional tasks assigned by the direct supervisor and leadership team members
- Some travel is required, primarily local travel in and around Boston (post-pandemic)
Salary and Benefits
This is a full-time, non–exempt position. Annual salary $46,500. Compensation is based on the overall number of years of experience, skills and relevant experience to the position. Salary scales are set according to an explicit compensation policy, and relevant market data is analyzed when setting ranges for each role.
YW Boston offers a generous and comprehensive benefits package including annual paid leave, health insurance, 403b option, and a flexible work environment.
How to apply
YW Boston is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status, or to other non-work-related factors. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. At this time, YW Boston is not able to offer employment VISA sponsorships.
Diverse candidates strongly encouraged to apply. Send a cover letter and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please place the subject title “Marketing Coordinator” in the headline of your email. Principals only. No phone calls, please.