YW Boston’s Advocacy Committee has supported YW Boston’s mission to eliminate racism and empower women since its inception in 2017 by identifying public policy issues, raising public awareness, and facilitating action. The YW Boston Advocacy Committee is an excellent way to broaden your network and connect with others who are committed to making society more diverse and equitable. Members can expect to participate in discussions about systemic issues while working to effect change in Massachusetts and developing advocacy skills. Learn about our work in 2020, 2019, 2018, and 2017.
In this session, the Advocacy Committee will continue to support more inclusive workplaces, especially for BIPOC women and those with marginalized identities. With this mission in mind, the committee’s three main focus areas are 1) students and childcare, 2) civil rights and racial justice, and 3) women’s wellbeing.
Join YW Boston’s Advocacy Committee
YW Boston is looking for community members who are interested in advocating for a more equitable Boston. We place a high value on having a diverse committee in terms of identities and experiences. People of color, particularly women of color, are encouraged to apply. Experience with policy is preferred but not required.
What does the Advocacy Committee do?
As a member of the YW Boston Advocacy Committee, you would collaborate with other members to:
- Develop and implement YW Boston’s advocacy agenda.
- Train YW Boston board members, staff, and volunteers to take part in advocacy actions.
- Participate in YWCA USA’s advocacy efforts.
- Determine coalition partners and support their advocacy actions.
What are the requirements of members?
Members of the Advocacy Committee are expected to join virtual monthly meetings and engage in grassroots lobbying efforts such as writing to legislators, attending hearings or rallies, and participating in partner coalition meetings.
Members should be deeply committed to YW Boston’s mission to eliminate racism, empower women, and promote peace, justice, freedom, and dignity for all.
- We place a high value on creating a diverse committee across identities and experiences. People of color, especially women of color, are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Policy experience is preferred, not required.
- Applications close November 23, 2022.
- To apply, please complete the following form:
Questions? Please contact Brianna Aloisio Savage at email@example.com.