July Virtual Session: Preparing to take on Leadership Commitments
Date: July 15, 2020
Time: 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM
Location: Zoom (see email or YW Boston Connect event page for meeting details)
Our objectives are to
- Discuss ways in which the city, state, and various organizations have changed and responded to calls for racial justice over the last month
- Become familiar with tools to complete root cause analysis of systemic inequities & practice a root cause analysis of DEI challenges within your or a peer’s workplace
- Establish understanding of leadership commitment expectations and consider your workplace and sphere of influence as you brainstorm possible projects
Complete the following pre-work before our program day:
- Complete the Sphere of Influence table
- Read pages 12-14 (numbered within) of The Boston Foundation + YW Boston report on Facilitating Organizational Change
- Read Diversity & Inclusion in Name Only
- Read Restructure Your Organization to Actually Advance Racial Justice
In your LeadBoston notebook write notes on the following:
- A problem you believe needs to be addressed in your organization – be prepared to share
- Your organization’s response to the current racial justice movement and what it may need support with
Module 5: Trauma-Informed Practices (Due 7/13 at 5pm)
In Module 5, our facilitators discuss how we can use trauma-informed practices in our communication and leadership.
- Watch the Module 5 video (25:16). As you watch the video, pause to reflect and write in your LeadBoston journal, and take breaks as needed.
- Once you’ve finished the video, share your response to the Post & Share question as a comment to the pinned post in the YW Boston Connect LeadBoston 2020 group.
Post & Share: What are the innate skills that you bring to supporting yourself and others during challenging times? Please be prepared to discuss your response during the virtual session.